Einstein on God....Rare Letter At Auction

by hillary_step 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Vinny
    Vinny

Just a few quotes from Hilary's posted article in his initial post:

"He apparently perceived a universe suffused with spirituality while rejecting organized religion."

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

This thread was a blank canvas with great potential, then a toddler with crayons showed up.

BTS

• Galileo
    Galileo

Vinny, Einstein said people with your beliefs are weak and childish. I think that's what you should take away from this. You have proven him correct in dramatic fashion tonight.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Vinny,

You are of course a buffoon, and cheerfully incompetent in the field of criticial thinking.

Just one example:

Hilary said in is original post (I'll quote it again since he conveniently avoided it in his last reply):..."but it is just as well that we all know that Einstein ((((did not believe in any God)))), at least not in the conventional sense"... **** You see folks Hilary wants to try to push the sorry and misleading notion that Einstein "did not believe in any God", which is why he stated THOSE EXACT WORDS as quoted and highlighted right above.

After accusing me of selective quoting, you try to use the above to prove it. Just look again at the part highlighted and tell the world which part of my statement YOU selectively ignored, knowing as you do that it would underline the main point of my thread and show you once again to be an irksome intellectual gnat.

Einstein, whom I have already shown vacilliated in his opinion of whether there was a spiritual side to life or not, was consistent about one thing and that is that the Bible God and the Bible itself is 'childish' and 'primitive'. That your character seems to reflect his view of God and the Bible shows just what a zealous believer you are. ;)

Preach that from your pulpit.

HS

• Vinny
    Vinny

Hilary could have simply said Einstein did not believe in a personal God, or any organized religion being being appointed by God.

But you see folks, Hilary had to try to spin the facts for his atheist nonsense by saying, "just as well that we all know that Einstein ((((did not believe in any God))))..."

Which is why we had to get out the paddle and do the spank thing.

And which is nothing new for Hilary.

Hey Burn, why not put up something of substance if you don't like what I wrote. Rather than crying about it.

Galilileo, I am no part of any organized religious institution. Perhaps find out what I believe today in regards to religion, rather than try to assume.

Hey Galilileo, Einstein was not an atheist. In print, quoted for you to enjoy.

And that is that.

End of story.

vinny

• TD
    TD

Max Jammer's Einstein and Religion is probably the definitive work on this subject. If people would just practice the lost art of reading, there would be little argument on threads like this....

• Vinny
    Vinny

Hilary says:..."You are of course a buffoon, and cheerfully incompetent in the field of criticial thinking."...and..."you once again to be an irksome intellectual gnat".

""but it is just as well that we all know that Einstein ((((did not believe in any God))))".....

**** You see poor ole Hilary also wants folks the believe that Einstsin did not believe in any God, and then he as he says any ((("conventional God"))). But what Hilary fails to grasp (bless his heart) is that for millions of people a conventional God is the One responsible for Creating the universe, earth and life upon the earth without any one specific religious affiliation.

Now Hilary, no more dancing with twists back flips and other neat tricks.

Folks you just gotta love it when atheists like Hilary try to throw Einstein in with their nonsense.

Einstein was not an atheist.

And that is that.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I think people's beliefs change and evolve over time, I know mine has. (35 yrs. a JW)

I'd like to see the dates of the various quotes. I'd like to see what his later considered, experienced thoughts were.

Rabbit

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Vinny,

I am genuinely baffled at your stupidity. How on earth do you find your way out of the front door in the morning, by prayer? ....Don't answer that!

But you see folks, Hilary had to try to spin the facts for his atheist nonsense by saying, "just as well that we all know that Einstein ((((did not believe in any God))))..."

Despite my pointing this out to you in technicolor, you are STILL quoting hale my statement.

The complete statement reads:

Einstein did not believe in any God AT LEAST NOT IN THE CONVENTIONAL SENSE

You are either a very dishonest person or a very good double for the village idiot, either way, nothing to thank God for. ;)

HS

• Vinny
    Vinny

Hilary REPOSTS his slick-willie line:..."Einstein did not believe in any God AT LEAST NOT IN THE CONVENTIONAL SENSE"

Mucho better Hilary. This clarifies things better. There is some hope for Hilary.

Einstein was NOT AN ATHEIST. (Fact of life in Einstein's own words)...

Einstein believed SOMETHING made the amazing things we see today. (Fact of life in Einstein's own words)...

That was a good link Burn posted about Einstein, btw. I enjoyed it and You should read it. Even if Burn just whined along the way...

Now, no more Slick Willie dance moves with flips and twists nonsense now, okay Hilary?

Otherwise you know what will happen. As it always does.

Have a great Wednesday Hilary.

All the best,

Vinny

PS- Hey Hilary, where's your best friend on JWD Brother Apostate been lately?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit