Why do many of us keep refering to IT as "THE TRUTH"?

by ldrnomo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Because that was the name the Borg placed on it's religion, "THE TRUTH" It seems to be stuck with many of us. I am making a concious effort to not refer to IT as "THE TRUTH".

IT IS NOT THE TRUTH, IT IS NOT THE WAY, AND IT IS DEFINITLEY NOT THE LIFE!

So let's stop it people!

Let's start calling it "THE LIE"

AND IF ANY OF US ARE STILL BELIEVERS WE KNOW THAT JESUS IS "THE TRUTH"

LD

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I had a heck of a time with that for a while. Now it is the religion, or JW's. Also had a hard time calling members brother and sister. Now they are men and women.

momz

• Switch
    Switch

You got a little bit of anger there LD. Take a chill pill. You can call it whatever you want. I find when you start using other terms, then you usually come across as a vindictave apostate. I think most people like to use the old terms so as not to scare newbies away.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

That expression to me is like nails on a chalk board.

My mom slipped up a couple years ago and called it the truth to my brother and me, you should have seen the look on our faces.

priceless !!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

old habits die hard. I was talking to a business associate today whom I haven't spoken to in about 8 years when we were both active. She called it the truth although she's been gone for at least 6 years. I suppose some time later we'll call it something different

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Its just habit. You make an issue out of it by calling it something else.

Paul

• Galileo
    Galileo

I stopped referring to it as "The Truth" when I was still involved. I realized that was part of their mind control. Now that I'm out (more or less), I have gone back to using that term ironically from time to time. I find it to be a reminder of how deep they once had their tendrils into my brain. "THERE..ARE...FOUR...LIGHTS!" (Star Trek http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_eSwq1ewsU )

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is pure habit. No different than when you were in and uttered a swear word out of sheer habit. Many witlesses were born in and will always be plagued with this habit. However, I do not call it the truth, except in the same trademarked way one might have called Lucky Charms cereal when in. Now I refer to it as the cancer. Which is a more apt description of what it is--there is nothing true about a religion that goes out of its way to avoid independent discussion and that only wants people to support themselves.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's the "repitition for emphasis" that causes it. When people hear the same tripe over and over and over again they eventually accept and even believe it. JWs are notorious for redefining common words to suit their own purposes.

W

• Casper
    Casper

Was just an ingrained habit with me.

I find that I can't use that term anymore and just refer to them as "The Witnesses".

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit