Why do many of us keep refering to IT as "THE TRUTH"?

by ldrnomo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I agree, but old habits die hard. I do see some foks call it the troof in a mocking send up to the term...LOL

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

When somebody tells me something I expect it to be the truth but I am unable to call what th JW/WTBS says to be the truth. I no longer conside it as such. I consider it to be a delusion, a mirage, smoke and mirrors. I only take it as it is.

Reality....What a Concept!

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

because "the false" sounds stupid?

• parakeet
    parakeet

I use the term in quotation marks ("The Truth") for the delicious irony implied by the term.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Many of us came in to the "truth" with a comprehensive study from the book called "The truth that leads to eternal life"

I really try not to use the old language from the JW world, but it happens to even to the best of us.....A little ways back in this thread someone said we should call it "The Lie" Now that would be telling the truth!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

During the study I will mention it to the conductor in the following ways:

- The Watchtower version of the truth

- the CURRENT truth (because if you wait a while it will false)

- the Watchtower's claim to be the truth

I only say "the truth" for things that are demonstrably true.

• chikikie
    chikikie

i opened the door to a couple of them by acciedent when I was staying at my sister beckys. They said 'Its Naomi isnt it' errr yes (obv not aware Im DAd) then i shouted at becky saying its the 'witnesses'. i called it the JWs or i refer to them as witnesses, not Jehovahs witnesses because I dont believe they are Gods people.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I call it The Faith now.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I don't call it "the truth", because I know that it's not true. But I don't call it "the lie" (or "the anything") either, because that would still be assigning it a significance that isn't warranted. It's just a set of false beliefs, like believing in Santa or fairies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit