How many left - then went back?

by AK - Jeff 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I did.

I became 'weak' in the early 80's after being treated badly by a body of elders. I had not sinned. Quite the opposite. I was the workhorse MS and was dissed by a body for making a work related move to another state. They sent a letter that made me look like I was a total ass. I didn't get over it for years. I tried to hang on, but eventually we spent 3 or 4 years as 'submarine Witnesses', surfacing once in a while for a few meetings, but never getting fully on board.

We finally did get back up to steam when Stephen Lett [the now illustrious GB member] made a visit to me and encouraged me back to the flock. Kinda glad really - otherwise I might never have figured it out and left on my own. The guilt is awful while waiting for the Armageddon Axe to fall.

Anyone else 'fall out', 'get weak', and then 'come back to Jehovah' before 'finding out the truth about the truth' and 'leaving Jehovah' again?

Jeff

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Not me. I'm finding more and more and more now that I'm hanging with the Ex-Dub community that:

1. I am not alone in my suffering from this god-forsaken organization.

2. My suffering is trivial compared to most others.

I had serious questions by 9 years old and was settled that its not the truth by age 13. I FINALLY know for sure that I wouldn't be "happier" faking it as of maybe a few months ago. Until then it sort of hung over me not worrying about whether it was true, but losing people who really got into my heart and having no real community. Going back and seeing my old friends brainwashed to the point of drooling and the pure insanity of the thing has really given me complete peace for the first time.

Most people here dealt with it much longer and have made much more serious sacrifices than I have to get out. I greatly respect you all for your courage. It can be painful to walk into the Light.

Bring_the_Light

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I was df'd when I was 17. Bascially cause I moved to be with my real dad in Texas. My jw dad was molesting me, but that was swept under the rug.

When I was 19, I had a baby. Plus I missed my younger siblings that I raised. I was a scared single parent. So I went back. Only took me 4 months to get reinstated. Pretty short!!

Took me only 3 months to get df'd again. I couldn't stand to raise my daughter in that cult!!

• fairchild
    fairchild

I went back twice. The second time I got screwed over really badly by a wannabe elder who showed a very selfish, un-christian like attitude (long story don't worry about it).

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

I did when I was about 40 for a few ( 4 or 5) years instead of taking a golden opportunity to get my BSEE.

Worst mistake of my entire miserable pathetic existence. Just slightly worse than getting married at 18.

Because of going back, I lost my two children.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Several times when I was younger I would quit going for a year or two, then go back to the meetings. After 1994, that was it, no returns.

After finding out the real truth about the cult in 1997, I felt vindicated knowing that I had made the right choice, I only wish I would have waited around one more year for the generation change as it would have made a major difference in my life, but if I had then I probably wouldn't be an active apostate today, but who knows?

• JK666
    JK666

Jeff,

I was DF'ed and came back a couple of years later by kissing some serious butt. They had me leave my support group that helped me while out, and within a few years got DF'ed again for the same problem. I was in a miserable place for 3 more years, until I did some research and ended up here. The most startling thing about being mentally free from the mind control, was that I was instantly free of the fear of dying at Armageddon.

So glad to be out,

JK

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I was one of those submarine witnesses for a few years too. I think when you leave you still believe its the truth for a while so you keep going back. I was also in fear that the great tribulation would start and then they would 'close the door'.

Paul

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I was one of those submarine witnesses for a few years too. I think when you leave you still believe its the truth for a while so you keep going back. I was also in fear that the great tribulation would start and then they would 'close the door'.

Paul

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Another thing I believe is that by 1994, I figured the door had already been sealed, so I decided to make the best of the year or 2 that remained. I started dating, then got married really quick, and the rest is history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit