How many left - then went back?

by AK - Jeff 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I should have kept my black behind right where it was!
    Especially since the elders were apparently tempted by it and the jealous wives knew it.

I should have kept my black behind right where it was!

Sylvia

I bet it made the elder's wives jealous.

You carnal-minded two should be ashamed of yourselves!

They were jealous of my intellect; thank you very much.

The elders always singled me out to discuss "deep" things from the publications.

Sylvia

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sylvia

• cosmichippo
    cosmichippo

Soon after I got married (1989) I got sick and eventually became inactive. From that point on, it was uphill. I became reactivated around 2001, but slipped back.

I remained inactive until just about a year ago. My wife left (because I was inactive) and I s tarted to take the "truth" seriously. I was doing well (about 19 hours a months and starting new bible studies), but I was also dealing with the fact that my wife refused to speak to me and the elders constantly took her side on the issues (even when I could prove that she was lying).

It was in late August/early September that I decided to read the Bible on my own. I was down spiritually and thought it would make me stronger. It was then that I started to realize that there's more in the Bible than I ever thought. Stephen prayed to Jesus, Thomas called Jesus "My God" and Jesus confirmed that statement. I realized that this made John 1:1 only mean one thing "the Word was God." Thomas' conclusion was the whole point of the book! Paul talks about Abraham, Isaac and other men of old awaiting their reward that will be shared with the Christians, heavenly Jerusalem and there were a lot of scriptures that spoke clearly of the holy spirit as a person, not an active force (Paul even tells us his name!).

So I did a little more research into the "lies" of Christendom and realized that most mainstream Christian beliefs are indeed based on the Bible.

Then I read Bart Ehrmans "Jesus Misquoted", which helped me to realize that the Greek Scriptures have the fingerprints of a human book.

Then I read Crisis of Conscience. Wow!

So, I'll officially be inactive after May. This time I'm not going back.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for posting Cos - what a ride you have had so far. Glad to have you on the forum.

Jeff

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

I was out free and clear, no DFing until I met a stupid bitch JW in a college class and thought like an idiot that god was calling me back. Fuck, what an idiot I was! Then I got DFd, when I never wanted to go back in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit