How many left - then went back?

by AK - Jeff 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know of one "brother" that was disfellowshipped repeatedly. Before I went in, he was disfellowshipped sometime in 1980 (before he led me into the cancer). He got reinstated in 1983. This same "brother" got disfellowshipped again, this time for adultery, in 1991. He was out for two years on that offense. Following that, he was active for a few months before going inactive. He would sometimes show up for a cluster of boasting sessions before disappearing again. He regained "spiritual footing" for a year in 1996, only to disappear. After that, he went back to the Kingdumb Hell toward 2000. This time, he courted a disfellowshipped "sister" and got disfellowshipped for that. He was reinstated for that in 2002, and as far as I know is still an active witless. After all that, I do not understand how anyone can be so witless as to not wake up and see the real truth.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I left in 1988 because of jealous and spiteful wives of elders and recurring doubts.

I went back in 1998 due to personal problems that I thought would clear up once I returned to the fold.

I should have kept my black behind right where it was!

Sylvia

• scotsman
    scotsman

I resigned as an elder in April 2001 and immediately stopped attending meetings but went back 6 months later to see if a fresh look at it would change my mind. Within a fortnight I knew it was all nonsense but I sweated it out for 6 months to make sure. That last six months must have really pissed the elders off - I grew a beard, dyed my hair, shaved my head, wore vintage trash to the meetings, refused to answer, and read the bible through most of the meetings and told everybody what was on my mind. No wonder they marked me.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Started college in 1999.

I left khall to smoke pot with hippie friends from college in 2000.

Gave pot and pipes to a friend and went back to the khall in spring of 2002 under extreme guilt.

Left again in October 2005 to study at home away from the khall because of crappy interpreting, crappy cong. member attitudes about sign language interpreting, and never went back.

Settled in my heart to quit completely the JW life physically and mentally on August 8, 2006. I actually made a vow to not be a JW anymore.

Celebrated first Christmas with kids in 2006. It was a very low key affair as it was our first and I'd never done it or any other holiday before then.

Started going to Assembly of God church in January of 2007.

Visited Baptist church on and off. Didn't like the go to hell and the subjugating of women so started going regularly to Assembly of God and liked it a lot.

Performed in Easter production with daughter at the church. It was a big production.

Started to see inconsistancies in the Bible. Explanations for Adams death but not really dead because the soul can't die really made me doubt the Bible. Revelation did it for me.

Visited a pagan book store and started asking questions while attending church.

Became Wicca oriented right after Easter of 2007.

Celebrated Litha with a pagan friend. It was so beautiful! The flowers, food, decorations. Just the 2 of us.

Celebrated first Yule in 2007.

Became a Wiccan petitioner to join a coven in about January of 2008. The first petition only gets you into their activities for 6 months. The second one, which I have not written yet, gets you into a coven.

I've been attending the UU church for a couple of months now. They have Wiccans there along with Chritians and Jews and agnostics. It's all inclusive.

So, there you have it, my journey to a spiritual path that I can actually walk on.

Bright blessings,

Chenoa

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was raised by two Watch Tower Witness religious fanatics and it was a tough road. In adolescence and young adulthood, I hated the Witness meetings and I felt guilty if I missed. It was a pretty bad spot to be in.

Eventually the Watch Tower Witness people pissed me off so bad I didn't want to go back for more disrespect. Many Witnesses I knew were disgusting people. They assumed they could offend me over and over and I'd come back for more. Wrong!

I might do unpaid volunteer work, but never if I'm mistreated or disrespected in any way. In my world, mistreatment and disrespect were weekly Witness activities. The Witnesses built a new meeting hall in the 50's and it had a glass front room in the back with built in speakers and a solid core door. It was called the crying room. Could that be a tip-off that there might be something wrong here?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    The Witnesses built a new meeting hall in the 50's and it had a glass front room in the back with built in speakers and a solid core door. It was called the crying room. Could that be a tip-off that there might be something wrong here?

It would seem so - but look how long many of us saw similar things and didn't get it?

Jeff

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I first checked out in 1999 when I realized what I was dealing with. I became very angry--and a bit violent. I never hit my wife but coming from an abusive past she thought I would do something to her and she left me for a time. I hated God for screwing me over for my whole life. I stopped believing in God . It all almost caused my divorce. I stayed nominally in however. I went on and off again for the next two years or so. I took on a second job in the evenings to have an excuse to miss meetings and to dig myself out of a big financial hole. Anyway, after finishing college in 2003, I decided to give it a go again and go to all the meetings etc. for my wife's sake, maybe I could make it work. I even became an MS and I reg pioneered 2003/2004. But there was that little voice in the back of my head that would not let me be. I quit cold turkey when I became a father last year. I just stopped going. This time my wife left with me.

I am never going back.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Especially since the elders were apparently tempted by it and the jealous wives knew it.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I went around the track on the Crazy Train once.

That was enough to last a couple of lifetimes.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Sylvia

I bet it made the elder's wives jealous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit