**Quitting Smoking 102** May 19, 2008

by BFD 66 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Yeah!! One down, a million more to go. This is how pathetic it is to be a smoker. We are going to Cancun. I have to check how many cartons we can bring with us, because while Mexican Marlboros are cheap, they taste it. Heaven forbid we run out!

momz

• BFD
    BFD

Have fun in Cancun, momz! And, congratulations on your very own boobie thread! LOL

BFD

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    And, congratulations on your very own boobie thread! LOL

I hope someone realizes it's all just in good fun. Never had my own boobie thread before!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Into Day 2...and how is our intrepid newly non-smoker today? Don't you have to not snoke for 6 weeks before you can call yourself a non-smoker? Ithink I heard that somewhere...oh, wait, that was to become a virgin again! ;-)

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I'm a virgin again?!?

• dinah
    dinah

Howsit going, BFD?

I have a starter kit of Chantix, but after reading all the precautions and side effects, I was scared to start taking it. One side effect was violent urges. I thought why does someone need a drug with that kind of side effect when you are trying to quit?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Yes I do read your threads Your 102** says May 19th, how was I to know you wanted to finish off a couple of pkg's

before the start.

I quit over 30 yrs a go got on a train to come out west through them in the garbage at the station, went cold turkey...

My goal was to start a new life...and indeed I did just that!

Wish you the best and Good luck,

hope4others

ps....buy lots of gum, don't drink coffee much it goes hand in hand...

• BFD
    BFD
    I think I heard that somewhere...oh, wait, that was to become a virgin again! ;-)

That's good to know. I am virginal! Have been now for a very long time.

However, I am a big loser. Yesterday when I got home from work Simon, my cat was on the back porch. He couldn't walk. I thought he might have been hit by a car or something. I got him into his carrier and off to the vet. While he was at the vet I could not resist the urge to smoke. I failed on day 2. I went 43 hours without smoking.

Simon has no broken bones but he does have a high fever and a blood infection possibly from a bite. He is on anti-biotics, again.

I realize that I have to find a better way to deal with what life throws my way. Smoking just happens to be it for me right now. I really want to change.

I know I can't run to cigarettes everytime something stressful happens. Need to work on it.

BFD

PS- WTF is with all the gay topic threads? And, is JG finally going to get some dick?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I realize that I have to find a better way to deal with what life throws my way. Smoking just happens to be it for me right now. I really want to change.

Wtf you try to cut back on the number you have per day, till it might only be one you have. Then perhaps quiting will come a little easier as the craving

will have become drastically reduced by then.

You know At least your trying that's what counts....

cheers

hope4others

PS- WTF is with all the gay topic threads?

I don't know, I just avoid them, neutral and open minded work for me.

• dinah
    dinah
    And, is JG finally going to get some dick?

You kill me, BFD.

Sorry about your kitty. Ours got bitten by a snake once, right on his rear end. The vet had to shave his entire butt and his tail. He was PISSED.

I'm thinking I'll give this whole quit smoking thing a try when the garden gets going and I can keep busy. Past attempts have failed miserably, but I haven't seriously tried to quit in about five years. I made it 3 days.

I was a complete dumb ass for starting in the first place. It was just a rebellion thang.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit