I'm terrible at friendships!

by GoddessRachel 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Unfortunately every friend I had was a Jw, after zillions of years. But I do love to email, and I like to keep in touch by phone a bit with

new people I am meeting now.

Cheers

hope4others

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Unfortunately every friend I had was a Jw, after zillions of years.

Me too, Hope4Others! And yet, you come across as such a positive spirit. That's very commendable.
    But I do love to email, and I like to keep in touch by phone a bit with new people I am meeting now.
    I keep up better via email than via phone. But it's actually spending face time with my friends that I do not keep up with! I am working on it though!

• 10p
    10p
    it's like "if you build it, they will come"! And I know it's true! I need to invite my friends over!

Or, as Wayne and Garth would tell you, "If you BOOK them, they will come!"

so long as you cross your t's and dot your ..... lowercase j's.

Explain the meaning of your nic GoddessRachel ... I'm currently intrigued by the whole 'divine feminine' thing (not from reading DaVinci Code specifically, but I guess that book did help create more global awareness of it). Did you just make it up for fun, or does it have greater meaning to you?

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel
    Explain the meaning of your nic GoddessRachel ... I'm currently intrigued by the whole 'divine feminine' thing (not from reading DaVinci Code specifically, but I guess that book did help create more global awareness of it). Did you just make it up for fun, or does it have greater meaning to you?

Oh! Its meaning for me changes all the time, really, or rather I should say "evolves" as I expand my understanding of things.

One part of it is that as a JW we wouldn't dream of referring to ourselves as gods or goddesses, but my belief system has most definitely changed since then, and it's empowering to refer to myself, and other women for that matter, as a goddess. I also believe that if there is a god or goddess, and/or both or many, that they are manifested in all of us.

Another part of it is that I believe women are truly a strong nation of people, that women can accomplish so much, and as a feminist (not a man-hating one, but a woman-empowering one) I think we women need to recognize the goddess in ourselves and each other and we need to build each other up and bring out each others' best qualities. That's part of being a goddess.

There's more, but I read a quote recently that I liked; it's "Never tell more than half of what you know."

Peace,

Rachel

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Another part of it is that I believe women are truly a strong nation of people, that women can accomplish so much, and as a feminist (not a man-hating one, but a woman-empowering one) I think we women need to recognize the goddess in ourselves and each other and we need to build each other up and bring out each others' best qualities. That's part of being a goddess.

Dancing BananaDancing BananaDancing BananaDancing BananaDancing BananaDancing BananaDancing BananaDancing Banana

clap1clap1clap1clap1clap1clap1clap1clap1

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Thanks, CrazyBlondeB, my Fellow Goddess!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit