"Even if it isn't true" - how many of you heard this one recently?

by hamsterbait 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

A sister answered up at the WT and said "even if Armageddon isn't coming, its still the best way to live."

I have heard others say: "even if it isn't true, it's still the best way of life."

The key here is the "if". By using the "if", they are deflecting any need to confront challenges to their teachings or faith. The do not acknowledge there are issues, nor do they affirm that "it isn't true"--if they DID, they would leave, as we have.

Instead, they say "even if"... this allows them to continue to teach it "as truth" to those they meet in the ministry. "If" they really did not believe it was true, they could not, with good conscience, teach it to others "as" truth.

• metaspy
    metaspy

[sob] - I admit it!
    I once said those words, "even if it isn't the truth, its the best way to live"
    but I don't agree now.
    I see that if it isn't the truth, then why not find the truth?
    Perhaps that is the better way to live.

• uriah
    uriah

What is happening is that they are quickly inserting a wedge to prevent the awfulness of the fact that they have been lied to and wasted their life kicking in. They self-justify, without any real logic that is was the best life. What else can they say?. Do they stop and think and say, Yeah, its wrong, I'm so bloody angry I think I will explode. No. They quickly cover it and prevent themselves thinking by pacifying themselves with warm,comfy thoughts - mmmmmmmmmmm meetings, mmmmmmm field ministry mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm watchtower study. Lovely and warm, la la la la. It is total self delusion. My sister said that even if it was proved not to be the truth she would still believe it. How screwy is that, totally self-delusional.

• jeanV
    jeanV
    even if Armageddon isn't coming, its still the best way to live

I heard a DO saying something similar. He said, even if there is no God, this is the best way to live.

Is a matter of cognitive dissonance. Some have their doubts, and have to justify their not questioning their beliefs. Why question them if it is in any case the best way?

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Let's remember all those other poor saps who are trying their best...but unfortunately they hitched

their horse to the wrong wagon/religion...so no matter how hard they try, they all gonna get murdered! Maybe the next WTBS

slogan can be..."Right or Wrong We are Still God's Organization" ...makes perfect sense.

-BONEZZ

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Until someone's child dies on an operating table due to not having a blood transfusion

Or someone like in the past really took it upon themselves that what was being said was really true and left their jobs and sold their homes only

to live the rest of their life impoverished and depressed only to realize what was all promised may never actually happen.... oops

Now on the other hand the GB get to live a privileged life with health care at their side when needed, cars to use when needed, no rent or shelter expenses to worry about

Plane flights around the globe to give a speech and be treated like a king...........ummmmm maybe its a good life to lead after all

Old Judge Rutherford knew certainly it was a good life to live when he scooped out money from the organization to build a mansion in San Diego

• Free
    Free

I heard a few dubs say that and I brought up to them how retarted it was to say. I was just thinking of that the other day.

• White Dove
    White Dove

"I can do better!" Line from Stepford Wives.

• odie67
    odie67

i actually heard this at a circuit assembly and district assembly it came straight from the platform and everyone clapped in agreement including me. now when I think about it this statement was made quite often in the past few years like after 2000 they started saying this...

• Amnesty Vendor
    Amnesty Vendor
    Holy cow! I can hardly believe this.
    A close jw relative just used that exact same 'way of life' phrase on me last week.
    I was almost caught off guard by their reasoning,
    but should have known that witnesses never say anything that requires individual, original thought.
    Much like the 'we don't serve with a date in mind', this too must be one of the latest catchalls from the society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit