Text Message I Just Received From An Old Witness Friend

by str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Trust me...as someone who has seen this countless times. They are not waiting 18 months to get married. What's going to happen is there's going to be some practical excuse they'll conjure up to make it look like they're not getting married for sex (they are). Your friend is getting married in 2 months, tops.

• iceguy
    iceguy

I completely agree that they will marry very soon.

• 10p
    10p

I've been in that guys shoes.

I remember telling my friend who left the org and 'came out' that he just had to endure to the end of this system, and Jehovah would make him str8 in the new order.

I really wish he had told me it wasn't the truth. Although, to be honest, I don't think he believed that at the time either - He just couldn't be bothered with it all, and didn't mind dying at Armageddon.

So TELL him its not the truth, and the gay thing is not why you left - you left because its NOT the truth, and now you're free to be who you are!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I think it is horrible that his mind is rationalizing the manipulation of your heartstrings. If I make him feel like he is doing me a favor, then I can guilt him to coming back to Jah. There really is no end the the bs they are programmed to throw out.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you think he will go back to being "friends", you are wrong. About the only thing that will happen is that he will be hounded to "mark" you to shame you for leaving the cancer. Eventually, you might do things together again, but it will be totally conditional._____________________________________________________________________ What he misses is things like going to boasting sessions and your going out in field circus. Go back, and I can assure you that he will be putting pressure on you once again to do ever more in field circus, and so will the hounders. I do not advise going back into the cancer because of that "we miss you" line that they like to use so much to guilt you back. If they really miss you and not your field circus, they wouldn't wait for you to go back into the cancer.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

I put a lot of thought into it (and thanks for some very inisghtful, caring comments JWD friends!) here is the text message I had sent back BEFORE I had read all your thoughts:

"...Hi Dave. I can't go back to being A JW, because I simply do not believe it is the truth. But I want you to know I am ALWAYS here for you, and I consider you to be one of the greatest friends I have had. Please feel free to ring me or meet up if you ever want to talk. Your Friend, Rob..."

So, there you go.

Thanks again everyone, sorry I have been away for most of this discussion!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It hurts to know that we hurt people and that there's nothing we can do about it. It hurts more, the way that they treat us. It sucks to know how little we ever meant to them in the first place.

I haven't been able to maintain a relationship with a JW, even those who are comparatively open-minded. There's the Big Thing in the way. They can't be my friend if they don't want to hear about a great birthday party I went to, or my future career plans. They didn't even bother making contact on my wedding day. I'm sure that even if my siblings had just sent one sms telling me they hope I have a nice day, I'd probably have kept trying to get reinstated.

I try to pity them, because that drowns out my disgust with them. I'd like somewhere useful to direct this infuriation. Sometimes I just tell myself they're sadly stupid and I can't be bothered with them.

• mind my own
    mind my own

I think your response to Dave was perfect Speghetti!! That way he knows he can always approach you if he should ever find himself needing to talk.

MMO

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'm glad you answered the way you did. 15 years ago I was "Dave," and my best friend was df'd. It took me almost 10 years after that to get out, but my friendship for her was always in the back of my mind as something that WT policy took away from me.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

*HUGS* sweetie, I lost mt best friend as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit