Text Message I Just Received From An Old Witness Friend

by str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

This is a text message I just received from a guy who was in my old congregation. (Ps, no there was no shenanigans going on there, I wasn't interested in this guy in THAT way...even though he was possibly the best friend I had ever had within JWs).

"Hi rob. Please come back to the truth. I'm struggling without you. I know you have your reasons, but Jehovah forgives and I will be your friend again. I have a girlfriend now, 6 months. I will be needing a best man in 18 months.your friend, Dave.."

It made me cry. I'm sorry Dave!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh, Hon, I'm sorry. The losses hurt, there is no way around that. Just know that he still thinks he's doing the right thing... but now you know he's NOT.

Be patient, and be strong. He does not love the man you are. And if he truly does... then... someday, he'll be out of the loveless organization, too.

Love,
    Baba.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo
    and I will be your friend again.

It's a very hard pill to swallow but those closest to you, those you grew up with offer a friendship that is conditional. He may be there for you in the future, but for now it seems as though he wants to be friends again on his terms.

Paul

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Welcome Str8. You have with out a doubt the most creative name. I have read your posts and I congratulate you on making some tough decisions. If I got a text message like that the only thing I would think is: Hey wait a minute, this message is costing me 15 cents. Who is going to pay?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Rob, stay strong. It hurts to stand up what for you think is right, when it feels all your world is against you. You need to stay strict in finding people who love you for you, just as you are.

I hate to say it, but it is another way they guilt trip people back into the "fold".

momz

• digderidoo
    digderidoo
    If I got a text message like that the only thing I would think is: Hey wait a minute, this message is costing me 15 cents. Who is going to pay?

Sorry to stray off the point of the thread, but you have to pay to receive text messages??

Paul

• BFD
    BFD

I think so dig.

Spaghetti Man, don't you just want to f*cking shake him till he wakes up. We feel so powerless in these situations. Point is he is a conditional friend. Sorry it hurts but, it is the truth.

BFD

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Kinda funny how he'd like to be your friend again, but the conditions are entirely on his terms. That, methinks, is no basis for any sound friendship.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Change your number

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Str8 - Since you, yourself, say that this fellow was possibly the best friend whom you ever had among the Witnesses, I would recommend that you NOT change your number. I would recommend that you give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he is acting in good faith. As you are without a doubt aware, true friendship is something rare in this world. True friendship is precious.

I recommend that you have a totally frank heart-to-heart talk with this guy. Try to do everything possible - while maintaining your own integrity, of course - to preserve your friendship with him. I may be naive, but I think that this might be an opportunity to enhance your friendship. Of course, you need not bring up issues related to your sexuality [after all, that is none of his business]. You can simply limit your discussion to doctrinal or other issues. I think the most imortant thing is to be honest. Although, I wouldn't know you "from Adam," I do have the utmost respect and admiration for you, based on my reading your posts. You seem to be a person of phenomenal courage and integrity. In that respect, you're almost "superhuman. I have every confidence that you will do well by him, and by yourself, if you and he meet for a frank discussion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit