Automatic reinstatement if teaching gets reversed?

by Fatfreek 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Let's say your spouse admitted to having sex with animals, you went to the elders and they told you that you were not free to remarry -- but you went ahead, divorced the scumbag, and remarried someone else.

You, of course, got disfellowshipped.

Since then, the Society reverses its position. Sex with animals becomes scriptural grounds for divorce and remarriage. Repeat the above scenario and you would have never been disfellowshipped in the first place.

Is there any record that such people get an apology and automatic reinstatement because some teaching was reversed?

Len

• besty
    besty

On a thread about sex with animals this was too funny

Since then, the Society reverses its position
  • undercover
    undercover

Sorry, brother...but you were running ahead of Jehovah's chariot instead of waiting on his spirit to direct his Faithful Slave on earth to announce the change in direction of the chariot. Just because you guessed the direction of the chariot doesn't mean that you were faithful but the opposite. You failed to have faith in the organization and its current teachings.

There is a poster on this board (I can't remember who it is right off) that was DFd because they had issues with the 1914 date and was vocal about it. They were proven right when the generation change came in 1995, but they were not apologized to nor reinstated.

• blondie
    blondie

No automatic reinstatement. Even if you were right, you were wrong to disobey the FDS. Wasn't a recent statement made that you must obey even if they are wrong?

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

As Gary "Buss" is fond of saying.... check the rules.

Rule 1:

The GB are always right.

Rule 2:

If the GB are wrong see Rule 1.

Rule 3:

There are no other rules.

Got it?

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

There is a poster on this board (I can't remember who it is right off) that was DFd because they had issues with the 1914 date and was vocal about it. They were proven right when the generation change came in 1995, but they were not apologized to nor reinstated.

That is our dear friend Mouthy.

Len

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

What kind of animals ?

• avengers
    avengers
    What kind of animals ?

Scarlet colored wild beasts?

• yknot
    yknot

The WTS reveals it has apparent 'new light', thus it never admits to the mistake of old light.

Rutherford's 'Ass' comment was said in private not publically to the IBSA members.

I love the 'running ahead' label, I have and will milk that for years because I am decades/centuries ahead of the current teachings.

Claiming you can't talk about something because you are running ahead stops all questions, unless the asker wants to be part of your "sin".

When I presented in 1994 the generations being expanded, the PO balked. When he read the announcement in 1995 I set there centered enough for him to see my cat with a canary s**t eating grin. Yea that did a lot to make him love me.

• trevor
    trevor

Bestiality and pedophilia are not such serious offences in the world of the Watchtower.

Expressing concern about a weird teaching, or forgetting to underline your Watchtower, are far more serious offences and few ever return to the fold after such breaches of protocol.

trevor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit