Automatic reinstatement if teaching gets reversed?

by Fatfreek 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

I like to hold the little laying Hens by their little Wings and hear them say: AhhhhhNaught Againnnnnnnn Cluck Cluck Cluck...

• Honesty
    Honesty

Honest hearted ones wait on Jehovah and do not run ahead of his visible organization.

I doesn't matter what your former spouse did with the family pet, you didn't have any grounds to divorce her and remarry.

It's a good thing this isn't 1914 BCE because you would have been taken outside the camp and stoned for even thinking about divorcing your spouse just cause she did the dawg.

• lrkr
    lrkr

The closest thing I can remember to "automatic reinstatement" was when the teaching on "Approved Associates" was reversed. When I was a teenager there was a system whereby an unbaptized kid could be announced as a "disapproved associate." if they did something worthy of disfellowshipping. So there were a number of kids who were labeled from the platform as "disapproved associates" for stealing, vandlizing, having sex, even participating in Model UN in high school. They were treated like disfellowshipped witnesses. You couldn't say a greeting to them.

Then, one day, there was a WT article that changed all that and we could talk to those kids again. Instantly! No hearing, no nothing.

PS- This policy really jacked up some kids. Imagine not being able to talk to all of your buds at the hall- and really believing that you would probably die at Armageddon. Drug abuse, suicidal tendancies, etc often followed kids who had this policy applied to them.

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

Good point lrkr. Now, how long are you going to keep me in expectation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit