Is the GB crooked or just misguided?

by easyreader1970 33 Replies latest jw friends

• worf
    worf

Crooked.

Worf

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Mariusuk, you gave me a good laugh. Seeker4, I think I agree with you. I don't think they started out deliberately corrupt. I think they started out sincere, but also power hungry and controlling, and deceived by their own rhetoric. They probably genuinely believe they are chosen by god and that people ought to obey them without question. People who believe they know what's good for you are really dangerous.

• AnneB
    AnneB
    GB lore quotes Dan Sydlik as saying that what WT needs to do is scrap their whole theology and start over.

Where do you get that from...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/24043/303051/post.ashx#303051 ...which is why I called it "lore". No reason to doubt the poster but have no outside verification.

Update: Accordnig to information received from the person to whom these words were spoken, Dan Sydlik's actual words were: "We should just start from Genesis 1:1 and reexamine everything we believe." The source person further stated: "I do not recall him saying that we should scrap everything, but the implication was that there would be no holds barred. We could question anything."

Posted in the interest of accuracy.

AnneB

• wings
    wings

crooked

misguided

arrogant

corrupt

insane

self righteous

serious lack of taste in music

guilty of malicious intent