Crisis Mode! Advice please!

by 5thGeneration 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Oh and my vote is for BLAZE OF GLORY. Get angry, throw things, tell them that they cannot control your mind, Jesus wouldn't use emotional blackmail, and the Governing Body is a tool of Satan.

There could be consequences to taking my advice that you may need to weigh against the benefits.

Bring_the_Light

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Want me to call him "from Georgetown" inviting him to a special meeting for a handful of select elders across the Country? Of course it is happening the same weekend as he had planned there. It would be a shame once he gets there and finds out there was no meeting but he can rejoice for the privilege of being able to visit "god's house."

heh heh

j/k with the above but agree honesty works best. Eventually he'll find out and I guess it is also up to you to be an example for your daughter as how to handle problems she is going to face as an adult.

Thoughts are with you

Uzzah

• BFD
    BFD

Wow, Gen. I know we've had our differences in the past but, really feel for you right now.

You had to know that one day you were going to have to take a stand. I think this is it.

The truth shall set you free.

BFD

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

OKAY!!!

Off the hook for today but with some positives.

When we were ready to leave dinner he asked me; "How's your meeting attendance?".

I said; "Not good but I don't want to talk about it in front of the kids".

He asks; "Do you want me to arrange for someone to start taking the girls to the meetings?". (GOOD SIGN)

I said; "What do you mean? Susan* is taking them but we'll talk tomorrow."

Now lunch tomorrow is my new hell but I feel good about his passiveness. Still think big blow-up coming though!

Thanks all!

* names have been changed to protect the innocent.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Hi 5thGen,

Sorry, you have been forced to deal with this problem on other terms than your own.

The great thing about having the truth on your side is that the burden of proof very quickly shifts to the those who would defend lies. Stand tall and be proud of what you think about the BORG. You don't have to hide and defend and excuse and twist anything to make your point but they do. The TRUTH about the the Dub version of the "truth" is all you need to make your arguments to your Dad.

In any event, any way you slice this it is going to be rough on you and your family.

Hang in there Brother (and I mean that in the most worldly, loving sense of the word).

Cheers,

Alex

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It would be good for your children to watch you handle an uncomfortable situation like this in an adult manner. If they see that you can stand up for yourself even when things get hot, and you can deal with heavy-duty pressure from outsiders, they will grow up stronger and be more successful in life. Also, this guy may be your father, but he is attempting to subvert your control over your own children. Don't let him get away with it. I see this as the worst part of the situation. Tell him to back off and mind his own business. He wants your children to sneak behind your back with the connivance of the local congregation. This could lead to some really awful stuff in the future when your kids are more independent.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    He asks; "Do you want me to arrange for someone to start taking the girls to the meetings?". (GOOD SIGN)

Well, as Hortensia said, he still wants to control you and your family. You're 34 years old (if your avatar is accurate). What's so hard about telling him, "Dad, I don't want to go to the meetings, and I don't want my kids to go either."

The pressure will have to end. It'll come to this sooner or later.

A@G

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

5thGen, I don't see anything good coming out of deception here.

As an alternative to complete, open honesty, may I suggest merely refusing to discuss the subject of why you are not attending meetings?

IF you are not involved in activities that will cause you to be DFed, I see no reason why you should bring up your doubts and issues about the org. That leads down a street with only one exit. Questions will arise, your doubts will be trivialized and explained away, and when you don't accept the explanations it's JC time.

Don't provide material to use against you. Plead the 5th... why should you incriminate yourself?

"I'm not going to meetings right now, I don't want my kids to go to meetings, please respect my wishes."

• avengers
    avengers
    "Who would you call to take you to the meeting if your parents don't go?".

Ghostbusters

Damn man. Get yourself together. What are you? A man or a mouse?

Andy

• Gadget
    Gadget

I said; "What do you mean? Susan* is taking them but we'll talk tomorrow."

I take it 'Susan' is your wife? Would your father not have already spoken to her and so know you haven't been going to meetings for a year/ spending a lot of time on the computer/ect. If he's close enough to have known who the po is maybe he already knows anyway.

If your going to talk to him about it at lunch, I particularly like Terrys post, although I might not go into as much detail about cults etc as what he has.

Good luck!

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit