BIG WATCHTOWER ANNOUNCEMENTS>>>>>>>

by oompa 38 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Is this what you are looking for:

"We will be meeting for field circus immediately after the conclusion of the boasting session."?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I agree with you Oompa. There were those who thought there were too many threads about the "Big Announcement." I thought just the opposite. Now that were have talked that subject to death, we need something new.

But with jehober's celestial chariot things move a little slow. So we will just have to find someting to fill the time until the next biggin.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

it sounds like some are living 'not by bread alone, but by every utterance coming forth from the watchtower'

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    I'm firmly convinced that anyone who is the slightest bit sad about death is not a true believer. If you really believed that you'd come back to life after you die, people dying wouldn't even phase you in the slightest. "oh well, I guess I'll need to pass time without them" is all you'd think. No sadness whatsoever. If you cry at a funeral, you are and APOSTATE. In my opinion.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that they are APOSTATE....but I agree with you. If you really believed that they will be resurrected, then why be toooo sad? I've been hearing about and seeing witnesses that keep grieving over dead loved ones as if they're NEVER going to see them again. I mean, get over it. It's ok to be sad for a little while, but not to keep it up forever! I lost my dad when I was 19. Sure I grieved and I still miss him every day, but I have full confidence that I will see him again! That hope, that faith, is what makes me HAPPY, not upset.

• still_in74
    still_in74

oh you dirty rat! I actually sat up in my chair when I read your subject line!

I also would like something big. I recall a thread - "news from the mothership" or something like that. We need one of those with some actual meat to it. Not just spceculation.

Word has been going around about a high-level apostate in the org. Anything further on this?

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

I must admit it is addicting to come and look here everyday for New "news" or announcements.

Enough big things have happened but still...I guess it will never be enough until they finally admit they
    are full of crap and are disbanding the religion!

I know I know...I'll keep dreaming! ;)

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

I am also an annoucement whore! I can't get enough, and i just have to believe that this thing will come down in my life time. To tell you the truth a mass exodus would make just as orgasmic.

One

• Vinny
    Vinny

OOmpa says:..."Just don't happen enough.......I miss the chatter. We need something new already....new light or something. I can't just sit idly by anticipating the death of the 1914 thingy.....oompa"

I don't think it's a healthy way to live, just hanging out on EX-JW site, "missing the chatters"... and then waiting for, "something new already....new light or something"....

Kind of a sad existence, don't you think? Why not try other things? A little more balance might go a long way for you. Life has many opportunities for you to enjoy.

Just my .02...

Vinny

• steve2
    steve2

Word has been going around about a high-level apostate in the org. Anything further on this?

If this is even "half true", what a stupid move to announce it. The net is the easiest way to disseminate truth and lies. Reader be skeptical.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The book study change was a big announcement and that was only recently and we have been told that there are more changes coming up later in the year, so have a bit of patience my dear man. Nothing in borg world happens very quickly. The celestial chariot is in fact a slow, massive oil tanker suffering from weighty heirarchical and beauracratic inertia.

There is a juicy rumour going around that the position and title of Presiding Overseer is going to be axed soon.

As far as any significant doctrinal/creedal changes goes, I'm quite sure there won't be anything in the near future. I expect that some time after 2014 there will be some fiddling with the disfellowshipping arrangement to make the shunning not quite so extreme, and some shifting of prophecies/events presently linked with 1914 forward in time into the future (see my recent thread on that) and general fiddling with time-based interpretations.

Exciting times are on the horizon for JW gossip addicts.

regards

yadda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit