What's the BEST thing about being "out" of the "truth"?

by B_Deserter 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• milligal
    milligal

FREEDOM-being able to do want I want without an amazing guilt trip that keeps me awake at nights.

Here's the nasty truth about me: I like to drink, I am happy that I slept with my husband before I married him (everything works in that dept.), I would like to someday hold an office that would require people to vote for me, I enjoy spending time on things I llike instead of constant worship to god and I will never walk out a movie baring titty's again-and I will teach my children every one of these naughty tricks.

I like that I am myself and I am happy now. I highly reccomend it to anyone thinking about making the change.

• yknot
    yknot

Since I am still 'in' physically until June .....

Freedom intellectually/emotionally from the burdenous 'yoke' of the FDS (cough cough Pharisees cough cough).

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Having the time, circumstances, and the chance to FEED MY MIND!!!!!!!

• mind my own
    mind my own

I could never name just one thing...I love it all! I have never ever regretted my decision to leave and the more time goes by, the more I am sure I made the right decision! In fact, the only good thing I can think of with regards to the ORG is my brother is still in it and I love and miss him.

MMO

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

I think the best thing is the ability to be open and honest about how I feel about things. Stupid little things, like I enjoy listing to Rush. When I was a JW I couldn't say that, since it could "stumble" someone.

It is really nice to be able to speak freely.

• Alexia
    Alexia

• I can vote! I did it for the 1st time doing the 2004 election.
    • I can celebrate my 30th b-day (coming up in December).
    • Though I don’t celebrate holidays, I can still host dinner parties around Thanksgiving and X-Mas/New Years w/o being crucified.
    • As others have stated: Weekends and evenings!
    • R Rated movies.
    • 2-door cars. If I wanted one - instead of being pressured to buy a “service” vehicle.
    • Luxury cars. I just brought a BMW and it nice not to worry about “stumbling” others.
    • College and higher education in general – making up for lost time now.
    • Not having 1000 theocratic books. Now, my bookcases are full of “worldly” and “secular” literature.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

* The possibility that I may have a real relationship with someone I am ACTUALLY attracted to (any takers?? :-P)

* Knowing that the sky is not about to fall in, everything is as it should be

* Sundays. I FREAKING LOVE SUNDAYS.

• minimus
    minimus

fornication

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Was there really a BEST thing about being "in" the "truth"?

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Hated knocking on doors. I always hated that!! And by the way it's not the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit