What's the BEST thing about being "out" of the "truth"?

by B_Deserter 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Being able to enjoy the company of people without constantly thinking in the back of my mind, "it's too bad they're going to die... they're such nice people."

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Weekends!!!!

no service. no meetings...

• StAnn
    StAnn

Being able to say, "God bless you," when someone sneezes. Saying "good luck" and thinking nothing of it. Going to the Reds game and actually standing for the National Anthem, rather than hiding out in the bathroom. Christmas. Birthdays. Mother's Day. In other words, not being a stand-out freak.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

First and foremost, knowing it's NOT the "truth"

and secondly I can start my search for God again.

• Quentin
    Quentin

No jackass sticking their nose in my bussiness...I despise the "conditonal love" of the wt...damage beyond measure....

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

RELIEF.

I was absolutely tortured by being surrounded by non-Lucid people pressuring me to spout beliefs, and bend my entire life around something I knew was not true. The simple relief from the hell I grew up in, and to be sure that they and not I am wrong, is the best part of being out.

All aspects of life that now are possible is obvious. Just the sense of relief is the big one though.

It is nice in the Light.

Bring_the_Light

• 10p
    10p

what they said, but second best is: Tertiary education

(sux to have to do it part time correspondance, but at I've a bit of extra time for it now, with not witnessing, preparing for or going to meetings, personal study, family study, mowing the KH lawns, cleaning the KH, building new KH's, preparing/giving public talks, TMS talks, Service meeting talks, congregation accounts, DBR, days text, praying)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Not having to worry about going out in field circus.

No more going to the boasting sessions, including the Great Boasting Session that is upcoming.

Being able to laugh at them when they fail to complete the Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign.

Not having to worry about a washtowel or asleep magazine coming out right when I need freedom to make my move on something.

Doing my "preaching" from the comforts of my computer instead of going out where it is hot and muggy and wasting all that gas.

I now have nearly all the music back that I lost when I entered the Tower.

No more talks where I am proclaiming something I don't believe in.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Doing away with conditional friendships and having REAL FRIENDS!!!

• rache31
    rache31

that I now know the TRUTH....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit