Jehovah's Witness wives do not need consciences.

by hotchocolate 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

My feelings on this subject have continued consistent throughout my time from being a zealous, believing witness to now.

So there's all these areas of "conscience"™ as a dub, which movies you can watch, what you can wear etc etc.

BUT.. here's the catch. If you're a dub wife, and your husband decides that you can't watch the movie, or wear that dress - then as a good submissive wife you need to comply.

So what is the point of a married woman even training her conscience? Just wipe it and obey. No need to think.

Along these lines, I've been thinking about the differences between husbands that leave the dubs, compared to wives that leave. To keep any peace in the house, wives really need to still live to a degree under that control - whereas husbands still have the subservient, obedient partner. Grrrrr.

• cognac
    cognac
    To keep any peace in the house, wives really need to still live to a degree under that control - whereas husbands still have the subservient, obedient partner. Grrrrr.

Yes, but I'm starting to see how this stupid belief actually benefits us. I mean, wives who stay in and with husbands out, the wives "still under that control" also can get away with a heck of a lot more. They aren't looked down upon by the cong because there is a Christmas tree up, for example. In a way, they don't have to deal with as much grief and pressure because others don't look at it as there problem as much.

Husbands, I think have a lot more pressure. I'm glad I'm not being pressured constantly to give all these talks and other assignments.

IMHO, it sucks for both...

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Hey Cognac... Yeah it does suck for both. :-(

I just can't work out why wives bother having a "Bible-trained conscience" when it is overridden by the husband's conscience anyway.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Hey you guys/ladies,

Don't even get me started about the Dub dogma on keeping women subservient. The whole thing is just so archaic and chauvinistic. It used to drive me crazy.

There were some extremely intelligent women in the congregation that I belonged to. One of them was a bank manager and she could have done a helluva lot better job at keeping the Congregation's accounts than the account servant did.

Or, how about insisting that sisters in Minnesota wear skirts in January while they were out in service??? How's that for just plain stupid???

Cheers,

Alex

• Gopher
    Gopher

HC,

You've lived as a JW wife, so your experience is well-reflected in your post.

However I observed in the congregations I attended that sometimes the wife "wore the pants", and tended to make a lot of the decisions -- either because of the force of her personality, or because the guy just could never make a decision. In those situations it seemed the husband was well-trained to listen to his wife's viewpoint and then say "yes, that's our decision".

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

The thing is, NO Jehovah's Witnesses, male or female need consciences as they have subcontracted them to the Organisation.

• cognac
    cognac
    I just can't work out why wives bother having a "Bible-trained conscience" when it is overridden by the husband's conscience anyway.

That's just it. You don't really have to. Well, unless of course, the husbands conscience goes against what the scriptures state. Then I think your under the "obey god as ruler rather then man" rule.

When going under that rule, you kinda almost arn't under his headship in some ways. Then, if your husbands "allow" you to do certain things like control all the money, then he is under your rule in a way.

Then there's the part where husbands ought to be loving there wives as there own bodies. Which, they in the end make the decision but it really should be what the wives want because they should be putting us first. So, in effect, the wives can be the head they just don't state that they are the head.

It's very funny...

On a side note, I own my own business. It was very funny when I had an Elder who was also a pioneer do what I tell him to do. He had to. I guess in business the rules are completely different also... I don't think he liked very much being under my headship. It was weird.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

When the husband is spritually weak and asks his wife for oral sex........what does she do then???

• flipper
    flipper

If husbands really loved their wives as their own bodies- there would be a lot more sexually fulfilled women on this planet ! I agree with Alpaca- the witness debauched view of women sucks big time ! My wife and I are equal partners who do not dominate each other. We aim to please one another in everything ! Who needs power struggles ? Life is too short

• cognac
    cognac
    When the husband is spritually weak and asks his wife for oral sex........what does she do then???

ok, have to say it... What about a wife that's "spiritually weak" and wants to give oral to her husband??? What then??? lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit