Jehovah's Witness wives do not need consciences.

by hotchocolate 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• llbh
    llbh
    This subjucation of women? I know people who aren't religious who buy into this men are superior crap. Men are just bigger and stronger physically in most cases, so they have run the show since humankind began.

Still does not make it right, quite the reverse in fact. Wisdom amd love are far more important than being strong. Give me a wise person over a strong person every time, The wise person knows how to use thier strength David

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Of course it doesn't make it right. Try facing the world from a woman's point of view. It makes me sick. I thank God everyday that I had my relationship with Andy. There was never any discussion of power or who was in charge. We just naturally respected each other as adults. We got long mostly pleasantly and still do, though because of his accident and illness, it can't be the same as before.

This business of men thinking they have to be in charge and downgrading women causes all of us unneccessary pain.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

We have an elder who treats his wife like one of his children. He doesn't agree with women getting together for coffee, so he curbs her doing things except as a family. And I've always experienced men, particularly elders, who think that their husbandly headship should be exercised over anyone without a willy.

The WT uses the term "equal" when describing men and women, but then undermines that in everything else that is written. There was an Awake in the 60's about the size of a woman's brain being smaller than a mans. That article was embarrassingly sexist, but I think that was just one time of many that revealed the true attitude of the GB of women.

Hey, does anyone have a scan of that?

x

• Manny Trillo
    Manny Trillo

One of the things I've always appreciated about my wife was knowing that she'd never turn into a vacant dub wife, dependent on my say so for everything and pretending that she doesn't have a soul.

Back when I used to think about being a C.O. I used to cringe when I got the vision of the sexless, robotic C.O.'s wife sitting with perfect posture, hands folded and looking forward intently the entire time while I was on stage, except for the brief stink-eye to a mother derelict in curbing the cries of her recalcitrant baby. Think Laura Bush (with the Barbara Bush stink-eye).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit