For those without Mothers 2008

by Lady Lee 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Mothers Day can bring up many issues for some of us.

For some their mothers have passed away and the opportunity to say I love you in person is forever lost.

For others, our mothers are lost to the WTS. In fact, we may never have had the opportunity to celebrate a Mother's Day with them. The whole policy on shunning can make relationships distant or non-existent.

SO... if you want to send a message to your mother, but for whatever reasons that is impossible, feel free to share your message, your hopes or even a memory.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

To my Mom

Our relationship has become a shell of what what it used to be and should be. I would love to have a close, tender and truthful relationship with you, but we both know the reasons why that cannot happen. I wish our relationship was not fraught with tension, but it is.

It is hard for me to sit and write this, because I feel so full of pent up anger that I cannot express fully as I know that this will leave us with no relationship.

Having said that, I would just like to tell you that I will always love you, and I am eternally greatful that you and Dad brought me into this world... It is only now as a Mom, that realise just how just how difficult a job this Mom thing is. I know that you only wanted the best for me, and still do, and you know what Mom, I think I have the best... I have a loving husband, two extraordinarily beautiful and bright children who adore me. A roof over our heads and good food every day. I have dreams and aspirations and hope. Whether you will ever understand this, I don't know, but I thank you anyway.

Love

Hilary

PS Thank you Lady Lee!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Our Mother

The image in her mirror was degraded, flawed. Her projection to others was not perfect but determinedly strong. She believed she had no credibility, but most loved her unexpected fairness and sweetness that often were revealed despite her ferocious clutch on independence. She could not love her children enough, yet they thrived.

Then her grasp on self-determination weakened, and her resolve shattered. Her children were the exacted price. She instead rationalized the illogical and continues to live without the closeness of those whom she bore. The strength she had in her youth has become a reliance on the destruction of her family.

But pure love has not turned to hatred or indifference. It is sustained by her children, the foundation upon which she developed her strength, fairness, sweetness, love and independence. If ever it is her children that she wants, she only has to ask.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    Mothers Day can bring up many issues for some of us.
    For some their mothers have passed away and the opportunity to say I love you in person is forever lost.

Thanks for bringing this up LL. My mother passed away in June of 1998.....two months after my dad passed. We had a great relationship and I wish she (and he) were still here so I could tell them how good my life is now that I'm not a JW. My mom was DF's in 1972 or 73 because of the smoking issue and never returned even though I picked her up for the meetings for many years. She kept hold of the religion for my sake.....always saying that someday she would kick the habit and return. I'm sure she felt that by doing that.....my wife, daughter, and I would not forsake her.

My wife died 2 years previous to the death of my parents and little would I know that at that time the seeds of discontent and fading away had already started to grow. It took a couple of years more for those seeds to become full grown.

To make a long story short............I wish my mom......and my dad were still here so I could tell them even more how much I love them and that I am sorry that I wasn't a COMPLETE son to either of them because of blindly following the doctrines of men in Brooklyn over natural love that they both showed to me and my daughter. My dad never was a JW and I'm thankful that my daughter has also been liberated from the borg.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL

HappyDad (Bill)

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Ok....... How come my format with paragraphs didn't post as it should? I have a new computer.....a Mac OS X. Is it something with the Mac? HappyDad

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Mum,

It's ok, I know you'd be worried about me right now if you were still here, but everything will be ok

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Happy Dad

I edited your post - I think the way you meant it to be

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well both me and the hubby aren't talking to our mothers for very valid reasons (oh the stories I could tell about my mil - she makes my mother look like a saint ) we are temporarily without the maternal units this year. But since I'm a Mom (and I've been told by various soruces that I'm a good one ) I planned to celebrate my motherhood with my hubby and my four darlings...good times.

• ninja
    ninja

my mum is on morphine on her deathbed.......I am glad I told her i loved her each time i saw her...when I left the witnesses i got her a mothers day card and flowers.....even though I'm struggling with the witness indoctrination.....my old man died a couple of months ago and I could care less about that old rucking rastard....my mum was my harbour in the storms he caused...luv ya maw.....ninja

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OieaCLtoch4

With all my heart and soul.

Te'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit