If the FDS was appointed in 33 C.E., then why did Jesus inspect in 1918?

by Olin Moyles Ghost 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Obviously, they were overdue on having an audit.

Rub a Dub

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

It's clearly a prophesy because Jesus is self-evidently talking about his future arrival (v.46). Same as many of his other illustrations relating to the masters return. He comes at a time they least expect and rewards the faithful brides, the one who used the talents, etc, etc. He is talking about his return in kingdom power.

Yes, he is only talking about individuals, not foretelling a future organisation. He leaves it open to any individual to be a faithful and discreet slave/servant. There is no predestination and nor pre-set number nor just one individual. BUT it is clearly still a class of a type! Jesus makes a clear distinction between a group who feed and a group who are fed, between appointees who receive a reward upon his future arrival and the "belongings" over whom they are appointed.

But Jesus was clearly not prophesying about a future religious institution or the WTS or GB. Ray Franz at least made a good point about that.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Jesus makes a clear distinction between a group faithful slave who feeds and a group who are fed, between appointees a faithful slave who receives a reward upon his future arrival and the "belongings" over whom they are this slave is appointed.

We don't disagree on this at all. Jesus never once indicates there would be more than one faithful slave, although I agree that this can be interpreted into the text, as long as the interpreter is well aware of their action and doesn't presume to teach others that this is what the Scriptures say. Jesus never once indicates that even one must be found.

If you disagree with that, please show why, Scripturally. I have had enough human interpretation read into the Scriptures and called truth to last me three lifetimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit