Mother Pregnant With 18th Child

by snowbird 56 Replies latest social family

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I love being a mom, too, but damn!

Yes, I'm a little jealous :)

• RR
    RR

My father was the first born son, the seventh in line of 18, my mother was one of 23, all single births. Both my grandmothers lived to be 95, 96. I have first cousins I have never met.

RR

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I agree, it's irresponsible.

No one can be a good parent to that many children.

Makes you wonder what the motivation is.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hubby and I heard this on the radio in our car today. I said something about it but I don't think I should repeat it here...I'm not a prude but I'm not going to offend the more sensitive here. If you want to know what I said pm me.

Josie

• John Doe
    John Doe

I think they are good parents, but what I see as irresponsible is increasing our population that much. Of course, that may not be so bad in this case, as the people are obviously intelligent, notwithstanding the wacky religious beliefs. Seems that it's usually the poor and unintelligent that over breed in this generation.

50 years ago, things were different.

• dobbie
    dobbie

I admit i would have liked a bigger family(not 18 though!) but have been advised to stop at no 3, but although i stay at home i struggle now to give each child the time and attention i'd liked to, the washing machine is constantly on the go now, i dread to think what it would be like with 18 kids!

I wonder why they've name all the children with names beginning with 'J', i'd totally get all their names mixed up if i did that, two of mine have similar names and i always call them by the wrong one! (of course that could be an age thing!)

• Layla33
    Layla33

I heard there was some molestations charges from one of the sons toward one or more of her daughters.

I believe there is a such thing as being addicted to being pregnant...

• ninja
    ninja

or you could go down the mormon road...."18 mothers pregnant with their first child"

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

Ninja- Or in FLDS would that be 18 CHILDREN pregnant...

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Gives new meaning to the saying "Keep 'em barefoot and pregnant".

My mother had thirteen children too; but that was when they didn't have birth control pills. She wanted to get her tubes tied; but the Catholic doctor and hospital refused. Back then women didn't have ANY rights!

I wonder about the capacity to LOVE all of those children...to even remember their names!? How do you keep track of all of them?

My mother had the older children helping her out. I feel that we younger ones didn't get quality time with Mom and Dad. But then, that's my family. Having the wealth to care for such a large brood helps. Is she a stay at home mom? Must be!

Having four children was more than enough for me! I'm tired as hell!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit