Mother Pregnant With 18th Child

by snowbird 56 Replies latest social family

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    wonder what she does about stretch marks.

Nevermind that, what about the huge tummy flap she must have after 17 kids

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Nevermind that, what about the huge tummy flap she must have after 17 kids

How would she have a tummy flap if she's pregnant all the time? I'd think it'll only be noticeable when she's not pregnant.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

At least the family has the decency to be self-reliant. It would be a terrible shame if they were taking handouts.

Edit: Wow, the sire is named Jim Bob!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    How would she have a tummy flap if she's pregnant all the time? I'd think it'll only be noticeable when she's not pregnant.

one reason why she's preggers all the time? good lord

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

are those the folks with the television show? They are nauseating people. When they were building that huge house, they actually used their children, all of them, for manual labor. They showed kids welding on that show, for god's sake. And the mother is a tremendous phony.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

They've been busy. I met this family in a restaurant once, about 10 years ago. They "only" had eleven kids then. I must say, it was impressive to see how calm and collected they were, out to eat as a family.

• amicus
    amicus

How could you even remember the name of 18 different children. Trying to help 18 kids with homework, social issues, encouraging their hobbies, teaching them how to tie their shoes...etc. "Daddy can you help me cut up my food..." "Sure Honey. Lets see. You are behind Marsha, Sue, TommyJoe, Cynthia, Anne, Pete...umm, John, Sara." "Daddy...Cynthia died last week." "Oh yeah, sorry I forgot. Lets see I should be able to get to you on...Tuesday?"

Most importantly

but what I see as irresponsible is increasing our population that much

18 kids might have been ok 500 years ago, when the mortality rate was far higher....today? Sorry. You want more kids than two? Adopt some orphans from a 3rd world country and save them from starvation.

I see nothing here that can be justified nor condoned.

Being forced to watch Ma and Pa Kettle movies for eternity might be a suitable punishment?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I'm not going to say I completely agree with the decision to have that many children.

I will say:

There was a time that it was GOOD to have children that learned useful skills and were taught how to be a part of a family. Children now a days don't learn how to do basic, ordinary skills that can serve them a lifetime.

Gardening, canning, knitting, crocheting, taking care of livestock, learning to build homes from ground zero...these things are rarely taught to children. Instead, they are taught to watch t.v., play video games, skateboard, 'hang out' aimlessly with their friends after school doing nothing useful. We're constantly "finding things" for our kids to do that really teach them valueless lessons. After school activities that focus primarily on academics, athletics or just keeping them out of trouble, take up so much of their time that they have no time to learn life-skill lessons that could serve them much better than academics/athletics alone.

I know More people in my age group than not that have little idea how to care for a garden or even cook from scratch.

I give these people credit for taking their responsibility as parents serious enough to make sure that their children are home and being taught valuable life lessons and skills that will stay with them a lifetime, as opposed to the people who honestly would rather shuck the responsibility of raising their kids onto the public school system and government.

I hardly would call these children slaves, seeing as they have food on their table, a nice home to live in and parents that truly care about them. Perhaps I don't agree with their religious beliefs that led them to this decision, but teaching your children to be an active member of the family and teaching them responsibility is hardly the grounds for slavery.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

they are doing their bit for the gene pool

• Simon
    Simon

The Duggars are followers of the evangelical Christian movement called Quiverful, which teaches that children are God’s blessing and that husbands and wives should happily welcome every child they are given. In fact, the Duggars' Web site, duggarfamily.com, quotes “Children are a heritage of the Lord” from verse 3 of the 123rd Psalm.

"We just let the Lord decide," Jim Bob, 42, told Vieira.

Turns out, God is absolutely crap as a contraceptive device !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit