Really, Are Jehovah's Witnesses THAT Different From The Other Religions?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What separates the witlesses from other religions is the degree to which they cut members off from society. True, the Catholic church is the most successful cult of all time (hey, they even started the First Dark Ages!). However, now that they have competition, they have been forced to integrate into society at large. Hence, Catholics are not required to shun people that are not Catholics (including those who left the Catholic church). Catholics are allowed to celebrate holidays and birthdays, and do just about anything that defines normal society.

No, I am not saying that they have the truth. In fact, they edited the Bible to suit their needs when they first got started. They do practice mysticism, and they do try to guilt people into believing the rules that Paul himself misinterpreted. (Notably, the Protestants have inherited the Catholic Bible and also practice mysticism, though to a slightly lesser degree).

What makes the witlesses so much worse is the degree that they create problems for members where none needed exist. Notice all the rules for courtship (which do not exist in the Catholic church). Notice all the rules about music (as a Catholic, I could listen to pretty much any mainstream music I wanted). They have rules against after-school activities (as a Catholic, I was allowed to join Cub Scouts, sports, and whatever I wanted that was officially sanctioned by the school). There are rules against playing with worldly classmates (Catholics have no such rules). The witlesses have rules against college that Catholics do not. As a Catholic, I was allowed a reasonable amount of play time (no field circus), all the holidays including birthdays, and any toys that we could afford.

How does that compare with the witlesses? No courtship. They are in the process of banning most toys (Barbie dolls seem to be on the chopping block). No music except Kingdumb Maladies (unless you want Brother Hounder, who does not work for the Catholic church, to get you). No holidays. Play time usurped for field circus. I definitely think that is a significant difference.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Catholics have had their day of being very controlling and dangerous. All religion sucks. In that regard, JWs are pretty much the same as all the rest of them.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I love that you asked this question minimus. It takes me right back to my first moment of cognitive dissonance, over 8 years ago, when I was sitting at the back of a Kingdom Hall, reading a scripture, and I asked myself the same question.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

I've been mulling since my last post on this thread and one of the things the Dubs used to hammer, that eventually turned the tide for me, was how the Catholic Church discouraged education of the average person for centuries (a la, Galileo being imprisoned). They criticized the church for the very thing they were guilty of with respect to religion.

They said they encouraged open minded reasoning but nothing could have been further from the truth. The BORG is all about mind control and keeping the Dubs stupid.

Lying bastards....

Alex

• OBVES
    OBVES

You read my posts before ? If you understood them I am putting Jehovah's Witnesses in the light of my understanding the Bible as the only- acceptable- to- God christian organization as it ideally fits into the end-time pattern established by God Yahweh in the Bible.

Using the name "Watchtower " unkowningly they confirmed they are a legitimate heir to the defunct organization the International Bible Students that began the revival of the true christianity that ended completely in 150 AD.

The end was in 106 AD but the remainig periods of 13 and 31 years just were the leftovers of what had become of the true vibrant christiann faith that began with Jesus Christ and his 12 apostles.

The time pattern that was for Christ and his first disciples must have been repeated in the later times when the true christian was to come alive again.

7 BC - 2 BC - 29 AD - 33 AD - 36 AD - 70 AD - 106 AD must be superimposed on the end-time era to recreate the ancient times when true worship of God Yahweh and Jesus Christ was in existence.

By very complex calculating moves I was able to pinpoint the dates which reflect those ancient dates !

7 BC became 1879 AD when the Zion's Watchtower was published to the world . 2 BC became 1884 AD when the International Bible Students were legalized as the organization - recognized by the world !

29 AD became 1914 AD 33 AD ( spring ) became 1918 AD 36 AD as 1921 AD.

The International Bible Students had their trubulation period : 1914 AD - 1918 AD - 1921 AD.

The Jehovahs Witness organization had : 1935 AD - 1939 AD - 1942 AD

And if you know my posts God Yahweh ascribes to me a period of 7 years as 1984 AD - 1988 AD - 1991 AD.

The Jews had their 7-year period as well: 1938 AD - 1942 AD - 1945 AD.It began with the Crystal Night in Nazi Germany.

The timeline for Jehovah's Witnesses is a continuation of the timeline for the International Bible Students:

1955 AD - 1991 AD. In this setting the date 1991 AD is like 106 AD. 1955 AD = 70 AD.

The timeline for Obves is : 1950 AD - 1984 AD - 1988 AD - 1991 AD which is for : 70 AD - 36 AD - 33 AD - 29 AD.

All timelines can be combined and we can come up with the principal timeline :

1914 AD - 1984 AD - 1991 AD which is for 106 AD - 36 AD - 29 AD

Jehovah's Witnesses must be a distinctive organization and note we both are in the end-time lineup of dates that are indicative who has the religion God Yahweh approves of as true to the Bible. The first christians were like a cult or sect for the people who didn't agree wuth them- Acts 28.22. We cannot look for a true worship among great main-stream christian or any other religions ! The mian stream religions are difficult to lead and they succumb to the wordly pressures and go with them ! They are religions of convenience ,not the authentic true religions God Yahweh likes . They are detested by God of the Bible and their followers will be annihilated forever.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Min - did you invite a prophet as the featured speaker here? He even changed the name of the talk outline!

Jeff

• caliber
    caliber

Really what has the J.W.'s taken from you except your time, money, family, recreation & peace of mind ? LoL

Caliber

• minimus
    minimus

I never understand OBVES.

• OBVES
    OBVES

It is a very interesting thing to know today - in the world of so much confusion about which religion out of thousands is right- that using the numbers found in the Bible we can establish the time line showing us which religion God Yahweh approves of.

We must recreate the times when Christ and his first disciples lived and taught the true christian religion. Once we find the corresponding dates we can rest assured that we have the same true christianity in existence as it was back in the ancient times.

The clue is in the date 1984 AD which is the most important date since 150 AD in mankind's history as this date serves very well if we want to decode the Bible and the mankind's chronology.

Using the year 1984 AD we can recreate the times Christ and his first apostles lived and taught.

7 BC is now 1879 AD , 2 BC = 1884 AD 29 AD = 1914 AD

But when we consider one independent servant that is allowed by Luke 9.49-50 to exist and preach his own views. We have : 29 AD - 33 AD - 36 AD as 1991 AD - 1988 AD - 1984 AD ( a reversed version ! ) . The year 70 AD has its corresponding date : 1950 AD.

The year 106 AD is like 1914 AD in this second alignment.

Revelation 2.10 is about 10 days which are 10 years and all things as Revelation 1.1-3 were going to take place soon.

The Revelation was given in 96 AD so we add 10 years which gives us the year 106 AD.

29 AD - 33 AD - 36 AD - 70 AD - 106 AD - the era of the True Christianity must be repeated in the end-time era !
    1914 AD - 1950 AD - 1984 AD - 1988 AD - 1991 AD for 106 AD - 70 AD - 36 AD - 33 AD - 29 AD exactly in a pefect way !

The core of the end-time era is 1914 AD - 1984 AD - 1991 AD which is a reversal of the 29 AD - 36 AD - 106 AD.

Greatest true worshippers of God Yahweh : Christ and his 144000 servants are from these periods .All others should listen to these in order to come to the salvation.

YAHWEH as GOD --- JESUS CHRIST as God , 144000 menservants as gods - Obadiah 1.21

• minimus
    minimus

OBVES, you sound like the black gay Messiah that posts under various names here. And he's a crackpot too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit