IF gas prices go to $10, and these major disasters continue......

by AK - Jeff 28 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

I get your point AK - Jeff. But, to me, these apocalyptic religions are a bit sicko. To let your mouth water over the

death and destruction of most of the planet, means you are just not sane. I believe these religions will die out eventually and

the few left will be considered the wackos on the fringe of society (which they are). I can envision a hardcore group of

JWs continuing on a path of mental instability like Heaven's Gate or something once 2014 comes and goes unscathed by

catastrophe. I just can't see holding on to such a negative outlook over a long period of time without losing some or most

of your mental health. I already believe most long-timers still in the borg have mental issues, imo. It's just not normal to

let your child die because he/she needs a blood transfusion, or let a religious organization tell you to disown your own

because they no longer believe the way you do, or let yourself become fanatical to the point you allow them to absorb

so much of your life going to meetings, studying, going in field service, etc. etc. etc. Over so many years of this kind of

religious abuse, you are bound to encounter psychological problems.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Over so many years of this kind of religious abuse, you are bound to encounter psychological problems.

Very profound. We've all been abused and we are psychologically impaired to some extent. Some will deny it, but only because they are less bruised than others.

• IcingHeart
    IcingHeart
    journey-on
    Over so many years of this kind of religious abuse, you are bound to encounter psychological problems.
    willyloman
    Very profound. We've all been abused and we are psychologically impaired to some extent. Some will deny it, but only because they are less bruised than others.

I completely agree

• free2beme
    free2beme

Negative news is to religion, what gas is to cars. The more they get, the faster they grow.

• heathen
    heathen

I think the main things the WTBTS and j-ho's are looking for right now is the complete annihilation of babylon the great and the UN. They are aware that the end won't happen until those 2 things happen.Then by God they may actually look like they know what they are talking about .

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I can see the governing body quivering with delight as the cost of gasoline climbs ever-higher as does their stock in Chevron, Shell, and KO-TEX-ACO......They are a bunch of simpering, drooling fools that have no conscience as they whip those beneath them to grow one for them.

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Re: IF gas prices go to $10...

Then it'll be just like living in the UK!

Just one of the reasons why I left......

• TopHat
    TopHat

I was told by a Pentecostal Lady last year that the Rapture was going to happen this month close to the 60th year celebration of Israel. Do you believe that!

• jstalin
    jstalin

I think about other periods of time in history and realize that things aren't near as bad as they have been. Just look at what happened during the 70's with gas shortages and rationing, stagflation, high unemployment, 12% interest rates, etc. Things are bad now, but not even close to that. And what about the ultimate economic disaster - the depression, where unemployment rose as high as 25%. Whew, we're at about 5% now... not even close.

Even though it feels bad, remember that it's been a hell of a lot worse and civilization made it through.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i think the same way jstalin...hope u r right

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit