GB Anthony Morris 2007 DC Talk DESPERATE PLEADINGS

by doinmypart 44 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

GB Anthony Morris gave the final talk on Friday's 2007 Follow the Christ DC. In the talk he gives reasons for the R&F to trust the FDS specifically the GB.

The talk is nauseating, but shows how desperate the GB has become. They're losing control of the R&F and they know it.

JWD member booby originally posted this speech on the "gb solidifies ownership" thread. The link on that thread is no longer available, but the MP3 of the talk is available at the link below. After clicking on the link wait a few seconds for the page to fully load...Under the "No Virus Detected" box, you will see a Download File link.

http://www.4shared.com/file/46757672/5b90b59d/GB_Member-Anthony_Morris_2007DC.html

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I skimmed through the talk, and the only thing that kept me from losing my lunch was hearing the desperation in the speaker's voice. Die hards like my mom probably ate it up, but I know there are many who heard that talk and don't continue to believe in the WTB&TS.

• Dogpatch
  • 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

He doesn't sound too discreet to me.

Discreet: Unpretentious, modest.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

To me he sounds like he is drunk, but it may be the accent.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Does anyone know if there is any way to know when/where these GB members will be giving a talk like this?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

oooo the FDS Goobering body is royalty ooooo im impressed.

alt

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

Well, at least nobody can accuse Morris of being a charismatic...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Some points made:

We are not 'the perfect and discreet slave' but 'the faithful and discreet slave.'

Much time and effort goes into the preparation of the publications. We
    have to get it right for you, Brothers and Sisters, you who are the most
    thinking people on earth.

'Are you going to help us?' - instead of criticizing us (FDS), why not help us?
    Morris draws upon story of Armenian earthquake and father who saved 14
    school children despite interference by local authorities and naysayers.

So very, very much more ...

• Confucious
    Confucious

I know Tony pretty well. He's a good guy.

But the thing with this... you could have this same talk - but exchange governing body with the Mormon Governing Body.

Afterall, aren't they BLESSED also? Look at THEIR Growth. You could brag on their growth all day long.

The thing is - 10 years ago, this talk would have scared the bejezus out of me.

But it's pretty scarry NOW to see how the governing body steps in to the place of Jesus himself.

Confucious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit