America: East or West coast for travelling?

by LouBelle 29 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

With respect to the middle Americans, the middle is the worst place to start, it is the most boring, in my opinion.The East has more history, and a lot of natural beauty as well, it is where the nation began, it is where its greatest city is, and the seat of the national government, I would start there.

Agreed - not much in the middle though Chicago is fun

Definitely more fun on the East Caost and things to see

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Ah Tired, that is a fantastic itinary, could I do all of that! Wow. You are def. on my to meet list :-)

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am from the middle of the U.S. I have seen much, though. It's really not a matter of
    someone telling you what you should see. It's a matter of what you want to see.

America could be found in the excessive materialism of Las Vegas. From there,
    you could see the wonder of the Grand Canyon. Los Angeles and Hollywood could
    continue the materialism tour.

But the Northeast has the history. Boston, Philadelphia, and the city that doesn't sleep is
    New York. Washington D.C. could impress you as the capital.

I enjoy something no matter where I go. I find the things I would like to see and see them.
    My decision of where to go depends on where I haven't been, what I would like to see, and
    who I would like to visit.

Key West and southern Florida are great places, but not typical America. Las Vegas or
    Washington D.C. is not typical America either, but typical Americans go to all of these places.
    If it were Winter, I would go to the warm places. If it were Summer, I would recommend visiting
    New York and places near there to get an idea about the United States.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Wow Lou - that sounds like an amazing trip... I wish I could be doing the same thing.

My sister in law lives in Manhatten and I die a little each time I talk to her and hear about the things she is up to! I also have family in San Diego, San Franciso and Dallas - so much I would love to see!!!!

• TD
    TD

Everybody has given good advice. The only thing I can think to add is that driving conditions are very different between the East and West. Some of the eastern cities (New York, Boston, Washington D.C. Atlanta) can be difficult to drive in. --Use public transportation as much as possible

• flipper
    flipper

LOUBELLE- The west is the best - in my opinion- since I live in Northern California ! But the Sierra mountains are beautiful ! And Lake Tahoe is gorgeous ! We are having an apostafest on July 4th and 5th weekend at South Lake Tahoe ! So if you are in the area at that time- stop on by ! We'd love to meet you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Princess Daisy Boo - can't you take off with me for a little while - we can show the Americans how the South Africans do it girl!

Mr Flipper - July is a little too soon - but when I do come I shall list the place and would be awesome to meet as many of you as I can.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    I am a sucker for the Grand Canyon & Yellowstone. Washington State sounds pretty good with it's volcanoes and glaciers... Would love to see the redwoods.

LouBelle,

All of the places you have mentioned are stunningly beautiful, however you may not want to visit them in the summer as they unbelievably crowded. Yellowstone in the summer is like a city at rush hour..completely packed. You spend most of your time in traffic and there is no place to stay unless you make reservations well in advance. I have heard that if you go in spring or fall it is very quiet and would allow you to explore.

If I had one place to go for a month long trip it would be the West. I think one of the big mistakes that people from other countries make when coming to the USA is that they fly into Orlando, FL, go to Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World and never leave the Orlando area. There are so many other things to see than amusement parks! I always think it is a shame when we have visitors and the only thing they want to do is see Disney. We have a lovely country...but that beauty is not in Orlando, FL. Don't get me wrong..Orlando is an OK city, it just isn't known for it's beauty or majesty. I hope you have a great time when you come to the USA!

exjdub

exjdub

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

ex jdub - I'm looking to experience American beauty and to a degree lifestyle (which I am sure varies from state to state)

Thanks for the tip - fall / spring - that is when for you guys? March ----->

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit