Women - do you love being around men?

by Mr Ben 29 Replies latest jw friends

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Yes, I enjoy thier company.

Growing up I had two brothers, who taught me alot. My best friend in Highschool was a guy, and best friend now is a man. Been married for 17 years to a facinating man who has enlightened me more than anyone I have ever met.

Not to say I don't and didnt have friends who are female. But I have to say, I pick them wisely. I have learned something about the female gender. They are ruthless and alot cannot be trusted to not stab you in the back. There seems to be some type of competition and jealosy factors that tend to make women fierce with each other. I have spent my life, trying to not be that kind of women.

CL

• snowbird
    snowbird

As long as they don't try to get too close!

Seriously, I realized after 2 failed marriages that I have intimacy issues.

Sylvia

• Robdar
    Robdar

Honestly? No. I am afraid of men. I cannot go out with one for more than a couple of dates before I break it off. I prefer to be by myself.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I like being around men who have kind, intelligent, funny things to say. I like being around men who respect women. I like being around men who are not judgmental.

I don't like being around men who are crude and have no couth. I don't like being around men who have no respect for women and treat women like children who are annoying but serve a useful purpose sometimes.

If a man has a good personality and does not allow himself to be poisoned by the antiquated, superior attitudes men used to have, I may like being around him.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yep. Love it.

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

I agree with Zen completely, she said it very well. Also, FHN's comments summed up some of my feelings. But I will say that I have the same reservations about spending time with women who have backbiting, superficial perspectives. Men, women, there are some great gems and some real stinkers. One of my very best friends is a man I'm not married too. We've known each other for around five years and he has been like a brother to me. I have been with him when he got married, I have sat and listened to the horrific things he has gone through in his life and he has done the same for me. I used to have a good male friend who was a JW, of course it was all conditional because the minute I stopped being what he saw as someone putting the org first, he dumped me faster than a hot potato.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I love women. The female soul is a wonderful thing.

Women are less judgemental and more accepting.

BTS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Rebirth, I feel the same about women as you do. I have to feel comfortable around a woman to enjoy her company.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I guess the ad is for Mr Ben !

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

I love women. The female soul is a wonderful thing.

Women are less judgemental and more accepting.

BTS

I have to agree with this... women are much less judging and more willing to accept. Which works in the favor of men. Maybe cause we feel empathy stronger. I think though that a person is defined by their qualities not gender.

CL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit