District Conventions are awful if you have kids. (Learn why!)

by easyreader1970 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

LOL @ Chickpea! That was hilarious.

LovesDubs, that was part painful/ part hilarious.

In the long term big scheme of things, I'd say "Brother Helpful" really was. He drove you to take a firm stand.

But overall, "brothers" have it much easier than "sisters" at DCs. Especially if Dad is working in Volunteer Service. Sisters have to keep their traps shut because it's all part of the "arrangement".

I said NO to volunteer service until the youngest was at least 4 years old. Then both Mrs. OM and myself would each volunteer to do a cleaning assignment DURING THE SESSIONS and take a kid along. It was a welcome relief from the interminable boredom of the droning talks.

Message to Brooklyn: How good is the "spiritual food" when people would prefer to clean stinky toilets instead?

OM

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Boy I could easily go on a rant about going to assemblies with little ones in tow. But a couple of other posters have allready stated it very well.

I will add though that he last two assemblies I attended the sound system was so poor that I could not understand one word, it was just wha wha wha, like a snoopy cartoon. later, when i expressed my frustration to an elder, he said "don't worry about it, just being there is whats important!"

I could not wrap my mind around that one. How could making myself and my kids perfectly miserable, spending money we didn't have to spare, and not hearing one word benefit us?

Yep, another nail in the JW coffin for me.

• Casper
    Casper
    when i expressed my frustration to an elder, he said "don't worry about it, just being there is whats important

I agree with you, sounds like total insanity....

Cas

• chikikie
    chikikie

just being there is what matters, seems to be a theme.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit