Latest Witness comments about no more Bookstudy- Rejoicing and happy????

by Witness 007 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I've asked afew Witnesses at work and around town about no more Bookstudy.........they are all so RELIEVED! One Elder with four kids said..."It will make things alot easier, with rushing home from work, the society understands our needs."......another brother said: "It's great, now we can go to the Cinema on half price Tuesday's!" A Sister said: "It's makes it easier if you have a worldly husband...not to be out every second night." My "anionted" mum said: "Well, for people with a spritual hunger it's was not a burden..." I argued with her for awhile but may as well bang my head on the door!

Just a year ago the C.O told us that the bookstudy was the "most important of all meetings....training us for the Great Tribulation." {Small groups}

From my feed back it sounds like 6 MILLION WITNESSES ARE REJOICING AND RELIEVED!!!! The Faithful Slave/Master has taken one brick off their backs!

• penny2
    penny2

Comments I've heard:

• "Why do we have to wait until January?"
    • "I don't feel like going to the group now."

I gather most JWs are pretty happy about the new arrangement. Except for some of the elderly - to them it's like a social event. Especially where they meet in the morning - they sometimes go on to have lunch together.

penny

• berylblue
    berylblue

Yeah, always loved the "preparing you for Armegeddon" comments. First of all - please. Second of all - please. If I'd have had to go through anything with that group of closed minded, me-first, two digit-IQ neanderthals...

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i, already started.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They might be happy now. Just wait until the Kingdumb Misery with the article about making it an evening for field circus comes out and is discussed at their local Kingdumb Hell. I wonder how relieved they are going to be then.

• Galileo
    Galileo

It's funny. The day before this announcement no witness would have been able to openly express this viewpoint (that not going to the bookstudy is a relief, that going is a buden). The day after the same comment displays appreciation for the Governing Body's provision. Makes you wonder what other pent up feelings are common amongst the Witnesses but they are afraid to express. *cough. field service. cough*

• lawrence
    lawrence

It was tough for many brothers and sisters to stay sober the extra night. No sauce, or just a few mickeys before a meeting was a burden. The good news, now there is an extra night to swill down the port wine and beers, and thank the god of the FDS for benevolence.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    It's funny. The day before this announcement no witness would have been able to openly express this viewpoint (that not going to the bookstudy is a relief, that going is a buden). The day after the same comment displays appreciation for the Governing Body's provision. Makes you wonder what other pent up feelings are common amongst the Witnesses but they are afraid to express. *cough. field service. cough*

It shows just how effective the Watchtower Society is at cleansing the minds, hearts and thoughts of Jehover's dedicated peeps.

• logic
    logic

I think the majority of sane jws said a quite 'praise the lord'.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Well....my wife came home with a bewildered look on her face that said...

How did you know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit