Worlds Apart

by truthsetsonefree 24 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

We are just back from watching Worlds Apart. We all thought that this is the best, most accurate movie on this topic that we have ever seen. I hope to post more on it once I've gotten some rest. Several of us here in NYC went so some others may also want to share their thoughts.

Isaac

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks for sharing!

CoCo

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I was very surprised how accurately the witnesses were portrayed. The movie didn't shy away from the emotional toll the dictates of the watchtower has on it's members. From a outsiders perspective, it show the absurdness of the flip-flops on a personal level. Interestingly, we met a group of young witnesses and encouraged them to research their own faith.

I fill in more details later.

• chicken little
    chicken little

I have posted before and mentioned the impact of the movie over her in scandanavia, it might be of interest to you guys to think about presenting the movie in a positive light to any who you know who are still in. Explain that the movie is very true to the way witnesses live and is not condemning. It may just be what will get many young ones to go and see it.

byeeee chicken little

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

It also explains in a touching and interesting way nearly everyone of the problems with WT doctrine. The non JW will enjoy this film and come away with a better understanding of JW thinking. I believe that this is important since many people do not know how damaging this religion can be until a family member is already sucked in.

Isaac Carmignani

http://isaaccarmignani.blogspot.com/

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

I found the movie to be a real eye opener,especially for those just accustomed to those familiar with JW's knocking on their doors on a Sat/Sun morning,and not knowing the true mindset of this sect. Emotional reactions could be heard in the audience, probably of those who can relate firsthand to the theme of the movie. Reminds me somewhat of reactions heard at the viewing of the "Passion" movie. For me it was a nice " dessert" after the delicious meal we all received at the Thai restaurant. Real nice evening!!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you for your comments! I hope it comes to Phoenix, AZ. I will encourage our Meetup group to go.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

The movie rocked!!!! Very accurate portrayal of JWs, with very few slight inaccuracies...

It was interesting that a large contingent of JWs went to see the movie, and we exJWs were able to converse with them. Even though they knew some of us were Dfd, they still were willing to listen to our dialogue. It's hard to shun someone after seeing that movie, since the negative consequences of shunning are so powerfully displayed.

BTW little chicken, do brothers in Scandinavia wear beards? Is that OK there?

A@G

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I would like more information about this movie. Where can I see it, rent and read more about it? I haven't heard anything regarding this production.

Thank you,

Quirky1

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

This sounds like a good movie to see. I have no information on it at all. Is it available in Canada? Is it in English.

Velvet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit