If the G.B. and WTS don't have good motives, what is the point.....

by Mightyone 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mightyone
    Mightyone

This may be the topic of an old thread but, if the G.B. and WTS don't have good motives, what is the point of the whole religion? I mean, it doesn't appear that anybody is getting rich or am I missing something. Aside from the WTS collecting prime properties in the heights, nobody appears to be benefitting.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Some of them have a lifestyle they preserve for themsleves!

3rd 4th generation families have a whole family outfit built on its foundation and even business/ work environments they now have complete control over!

A lot to sacrifice for throwing in the towel of delusion!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Don't forget that each of the Governing Body was indoctrinated for decades prior to reaching that position. They honestly believe it to be the truth, and that they are benefiting people.

It is possible that some of the current GB have come to realise they are not directed by Jehovah (as occurred to R. Franz). However, it is a very difficult thing to leave. The GB have one of the powerful roles on earth (amongst their peers). They have accomodation, meals and cleaners and chauffers provided. They travel the globe. They are looked up to as the very hand of God, his direct spokesmen, receiving what borders on idolatry from many JW's. Imagine at the age of 60+, with no education, no "worldly" friends and no financial backing leaving that and starting a new life.

• Mightyone
    Mightyone

I see your point, but if you were in a position like that which you mentioned, don't you think you would change the things you know to be wrong. I mean, the recent changes on just about everything being left up to our individual consciences, is a huge step to restoring the idea that we truely answer to Jehovah rather than man.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The WTS will never give a full disclosure of its finances and financial activities therefore we can never know for sure what exactly they have been doing with the wealth they built up from their printed products income, donations and investments over 120 years and how much of it they have.

It appears to be a multi billion dollar operation a vast financial empire so they could be doing well from money they invested in unknown to us sectors. And nobody knows who gets the money, the GB could be just a front concealing and serving the real owners and beneficiaries of this vast corporation.

What's sure is that this org practices deception of great depth and it behaves more like a business rather than a religion. It no doubt knows how to horribly distort biblical verses (eg the early church was run by a GB which acted and governed just like the JW GB do today) to promote its hidden agenda conceals many secrets and mysteries.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I dunno, here are a few possibs

Evil rises to the top to dominate (power is intoxicating) Who here wouldnt have millions of people doing exactly what they say on a whim?

The really dont know any better.

Someone besides them is pulling the strings behind the curtain.

Its just an out of control machine and they are too afraid to turn it off or jump off themselves

They really, really think the great and fear inspiring day of Joe hovah is near.

• Mightyone
    Mightyone

I have read old information about the mason, illuminati and so forth, is there any concrete link today?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I have read old information about the mason, illuminati and so forth, is there any concrete link today?

There is no evidence of masonic influence over the JWs.

Nothing concrete no. Circumstantially it makes sense that a small group (illuminati or however you want to label them) in power would use larger groups to control masses of people. This can be applied no just to the JWs but to all religion, politics, and commerce.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    I see your point, but if you were in a position like that which you mentioned, don't you think you would change the things you know to be wrong. I mean, the recent changes on just about everything being left up to our individual consciences, is a huge step to restoring the idea that we truely answer to Jehovah rather than man.

Ray Franz tried to change the things he knew to be wrong back in the 70's, and they kicked him out. He did get a little bit of financial help. I think his friend, Ed Dunlap, had it a little harder. There are severe repercussions for going against the Borg.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I believe they face the same terror that we did, all who have moved on from their teachings.

Their whole lives revolve around the ritual of meetings, preaching and hangin' out with people who believe the same.

To revoke their beliefs is to face death of the ego, basically a form of madness, as they would need to reform their whole persona.

It's fear of admitting their lives have been in vain (and change) that creates their blindness just like most thinking witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit