If the G.B. and WTS don't have good motives, what is the point.....

by Mightyone 54 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It is certainly likely that some do not believe it and are only after power, but I tend to believe the vast majority of Witnesses right up to the top of the organization do believe in it. Of course everyone has doubts to a degree and that can vary over time, but I think most of the governing body and others in leadership positions believe they are being guided by God and they are doing right.

Frankly I cannot understand when many on this forum take it as a "given" that Witness leaders somehow know they are wrong and are mendacious in their pro-Watchtower activities. As a psychological explanation for how these people act I find it altogether unconvincing.

Like over this recent change with the book study and the discussion about "what they are really up to". Well whatever "they are up to" I don't find it useful to proceed on the basis they mean harm or are purposely deceiving people. Whatever indeed they meant to achieve by effecting the change they must believe it somehow serves the interests of the "truth" and pleases God as they understand it to act as they have done.

• metatron
    metatron

Forgive me for being blunt but, as to motive, here goes:

You are old and a member of the GB. Food doesn't taste like it used to. Your body aches. You can't remember the last time you had

an erection. Your wife is worn out and chronically sick. In this penny-pinching organization, there aren't a lot of perks.

What's left? You are in control of millions of people. They will repeat and slavishly try to obey whatever nonsense you happen to

preach. This isn't a lot different from the former Soviet Politboro or other extreme movements.

metatron

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I played God today and found it felt very good, I think my penis grew an inch or two also.

Judge Rutherford knew the value of power thats why lied to everyone that he was actually a Judge !

• yknot
    yknot

The WTS is a corporation......why does any business or non-profit incorporate?..... Protection of assets and limitation of liability.

Rutherford set in motion for the organization to supercede any one person.....it is fueled by a concept and cash.

I have no doubt those on the top of the WTS pyramid are similar to people here on this board ...(broad spectrum of belief and knowing it is BS)

Why compromise what you have slaved decades to achieve....entitlement, ease and ego all come into play, especially if you are protected from being put out to the 'greater need' pasture.

Don't rock the boat.....just pass the buck

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Good one yknot exactly

• alanmarais
    alanmarais

Did you say there's no motives???

Well, Chitty and Greenlees are dead now, but Jaracz and others are still alive enjoying Governing BODY perks when they travel such as five star hotels, great meals, idolization by followers, other things Jaracz et all have gotten their hands or whatever on.

It's said the Watchtower C.O.'s and D.O.'s enjoy getting expensive watches, cash etc from elders who later get bigshot convention speech parts.

There's been some 23,000 case files on JW pedophiles (secreted on computer upstate) enjoying all the perks they could want, namely dining on young human flesh.

Motives don't have to be just cash.

• monophonic
    monophonic

great topic.

i have no doubt that the wtbts, for 75% of them, believe they're doing what's right.

but indoctrination goes deep and if they've lived a life that is a lie, most wouldn't be able to accept it. if they knew the truth they'd put a gun to their heads.

even though jws have a lot of accountability re: this, there are other religions just as whacked with leaders who think they have it right and would lose all sanity if they sat down and seriously considered human behavior vs. scripture vs. abuse.

hell, my dad was one of them, victim of a nervous breakdown for being a prick elder for years...hospitalized b/c the other option was that he would act on his homicidal rage.

• Mightyone
    Mightyone
    There's been some 23,000 case files on JW pedophiles (secreted on computer upstate) enjoying all the perks they could want, namely dining on young human flesh.

Now there is an interesting topic. I've heard, for as long as Bowen was slinging his propaganda about the "pedophile paradise", that the WTS needs to do something. Yet I have never heard one logical, practical, workable solution. Even Bill gave up the only opportunity he had to be sure that molestation would not be tolerated in his congregation. Absolutely, DO NOT get me wrong, I believe that molesters are the scum of scum and should recieve whatever fury Jehovah can and will unleash on them, but what does an earthly organization do to prevent such atrocities? I mean, when a "brother" moves to a different congregation, a letter of introduction is sent with him. If that man, or woman, is a molester, the brothers in their new congregation are made aware of that fact. However, it is up to each individual in each congregation to take some responsability and monitor who their children associate with and who the parents let them associate with.

Now, I am not saying that parents or the child are responsable if they get molested, but I have heard stories of people that send their 6 year old daughter out on a "play date" with a brother in the congregation. If that child gets molested, who bears the responsability if that poor innocent little girl gets taken advantage of ? As a parent, I would off myself for such a stupid lack of judgement. After I off the other B$#@ard first of course. And I can most assuredly say that the authorities would be called.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I think it is safe to say there is no "evil" conspiracy in the WTS. That being said it takes a long time for things to change in any strict society. Just look at the British empire for god's sake. Some people on here would simply cream their panties if it came out there was an evil empire. This though I strongly doubt. Just a bunch of old people in the GB afraid of major change. Slowly it will turn in to another main stream casual religion.

• flipper
    flipper

That IS THE POINT of the whole religion - they don't have good motives ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit