Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 05-04-08 WT Study (MARRIAGE)

by blondie 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Hey Blondie,

So when I went to the Wacktower Study this morning all the "sisters" were in "giggle mode" during the discussion. "Brothers" would make all kinds of stupid comments like, " My wife always pokes me in the ribs to remind me when to listen to her." Giggle giggle giggle. Or the ever famous, " I would never be able to pick out the right tie to wear if it wasn't for my wife." Giggle. giggle giggle. If you ever want to travel back in time to the 1950's please come to this Kingdom Hall.

brzfst

It was those times that wore on me the hardest when I was growing up. The open display of group-stupidity.

• blondie
    blondie

glad to hear you can see the good of discussion on JWD, jehovahsheep.

HB, the first time I heard of that was through an old time jw. It only goes to show how the WTS puts out concepts that they are afraid to put in the publications but are considered valid WTS doctrine and not to be disputed. I don't think I could have been silent.

Thanks for taking time to read, outofthebox.

mrsemcmike, I think I posted an article by jwfacts in my comments that explored the divorce stats in the WTS.

oompa, actually the WTS is sex-mad. It dictates what should be a decision between husbands and wives; is more concerned about masturbation than the lack of Christian love in the congregations.

bronzefist, yes women can pick out their husband's tie but not if they have children or not. I saw women told to adjust to their jw husband's abusive behavior because he is the head after all. After all women are mentally deficient because they have a hormonal response once a month. But are still considered deficient even after menopause. It is been shown that men are in hormonal flux 24/7. No I don't like the way women are treated as second class humans, inside the WTS and outside.

BTL, sorry to hear about your experience. I found though that jw men trifled more with women's emotions having a larger field to trifle with. I hope you are happier now.

jws are rewarded for group stupidity.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Love, Blondie

• jgnat
    jgnat

As a couple, we managed to avoid both the study and the Sunday meeting. I count myself lucky.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Blondie: Thanks for the info. I'll check into it.

• chickpea
    chickpea

it seems from the comments and posts that the directions of the FDS sets up couples for disasterous outcomes

i was baptized about 3 yrs before the hub, and i remember being so disappointed in his lack of spirituality, according to WTS standards..... and being sick unto death of the parroted advice from elders to " study the family book" with a guy who could not have cared less.......

he shut me out of decisions and investments, which had a real pattern of being ill-advised... i know he hated my intellect and felt attacked when i would ask questions about his activities that he couldn't asnswer .... not until he read in my course material for business planning did he realize the time to have an idea shot full of holes was BEFORE the money was committed... in fact it was encouraged to take ideas to anyone who would listen and have them point out deficiencies!!!!..... the wisdom of the "elders"? ..... respect him as my head and keep my mouth shut

the one time we had a renaisssance in our marriage was in couples' coaching with "worldlies" who gave clear and productive advice..... awesome awesome and fondly recalled period of time..... ( i just got tired of being the cheerleader for the team that never took the field).....

we get along so much better now that expectations are not from the pages of the WTS publications, even tho our relationship primarily is now just a legal/financial arrangement...... it is friendly and comfortable .... we collaborate on rearing and supporting the kids in the aftermath of cult upbringing.......

once again..... insightful and incisive deconstruction of the babble, blondie!.... thank you for the effort .... it is deeply appreciated

• jam
    jam

i was a male virgin on my honeymoon night. Right after consummating our marriage I knew it was a mistake. At 19 yrs old, it was base on sex. It seems to me those that have had some experience in life ,marriages last longer. Testing the waters could be a good thing, some may not agree.

• blondie
    blondie

jgnat, that is quite an accomplishment. Does hubbie miss them too?

chickpea, glad to hear you have found balance.

jam, unfortunately, many younger people rushed into marriage because of the physical aspect. But, adultery has been said to be the #1 problem, not fornication, indicating that older people aren't any more disciplined.

The most screwed up marriages I saw were elders...............

Love, Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit