Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 05-04-08 WT Study (MARRIAGE)

by blondie 36 Replies latest jw friends

• fokyc
    fokyc

Watchtower: "There is no word for bachelor in the Hebrew Scriptures."

Blondie:

"Is it true that there was no word for "bachelor" in Hebrew?"

There IS a word for Bachelor in Hebrew, which is 'Bocher', Hebrew text in the Babylon dictionary here:

http://online.babylon.com/cgi-bin/trans.cgi?layout=babylonhp.txt&lang=heb&word=Bachelor

Many thanks for the coverage of the material Blondie, greatly appreciated, I have always been surprised at the number of JW marriages which have failed. There has always been an uncanny separation of couples who are then disfellowshipped and reappear with swapped partners!

fokyc

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    But what if you entered into a marriage arrangement unwisely? You may now find yourself in a relationship that may not seem as romantic as others enjoy.

Strange, I know of just the opposite situation. I know of a sister who became "unevenly yoked" to a "worldly" man.

Despite her being marked in the congregation, by her own confession she's happily married. However, instead of enjoying her happy marriage, her "bible trained" conscience makes her feel guilty for disobeying the Governing Body's Jehovah's rules for marriage.

• blondie
    blondie

Hey zeroday,

I had an Elder Cousin that got divorced from his JW wife of 32 years...very mentally abusive marriage...she divorced him and he immediately stepped down as elder...his whold world crashed around him...no more lofty Elder lording it over the congo no more controlling husband and father (2 adult children 1 juvenile awarded to the mother) to boss around...he fell into a deep depression and then SUDDENLY found himself in the bed with a divorced sister and lets just say they were not studing the latest Watchtower...they then went running and crying to the BOE "WE'RE SORRY WE'RE SORRY" and low and behold were not DISFELLOWSHIPPED but merely put on public reprove and 'GO AHEAD AND GET MARRIED'" wink wink nod nod...love the "Good ole boys network"...4 months later I DA'ed myself...

I was told many times by the elders that men have a stronger sex drive and can't keep it in their pants. I wonder what scripture that is: Hezekiah 9:3,4?

Thanks, stilla. Do what you can. It ends up being pearls before swine too often.

Hey gopher, the elders are trained in administrative policies at those schools, how to better obey the WTS. No training in how to help anyone with a real problem. My husband said the junior elders were given the fine "privilege" because the older elders said they had done their time.

Hi meta, it's a popularity contest. They say she sinned because of your being a bad husband, eh? You can screw someone on the side but don't screw with the WTS.

OTWO, actually I was taught that the angels, Jesus, and God in heaven have no gender; that assigning them gender is a matter of power or authority. As to women being made in God's image, the WTS has always qualified that in recent years, saying that women are not in God's image when it comes to headship. But back in Rutherford's day, women were not held to have been made in God's image but in man's. Not surprising coming from a man who lived separately from his own wife and considered them a hank of hair and bone.

As far as studying or going in field service with their wives, it was not a spiritual issue it was not spending any time with their wives. I knew one that went with everyone but his wife, studied with non-jws but never his wife, as she sat home alone night after night. She finally found someone who would spend time with her.

Hello, WTWizard, jws are taught not to be honest about themselves; it is no surprise that they deceive future and current mates. It is hard to be honest with yourself without the pressure of living up to the perfectionistic, unrealistic model the WTS insists on.

Hi, NY44, surprisingly jws make application to others rather than themselves, the only person they have any control over. If you want a change in your marriage mate, it is best to be setting a good example. But marriage is a challenge, even Irreverent and I have our problems, we just try to ignore them and do what we can not to be part of the problem.

OTWO, when a jw woman says she is looking for a "spiritual" man she tends to mean "I'm looking for a man that will rise in the organization and have status, thus I'll have status." Women can't be elders but they can be "elders wives." Single women without husbands have no status in the WTS.

Can't overdo it, H4O. I guess being "holy" is not the same as being "loving" in the WTS lexicon. When men are trying to be "spiritual" it is not their wives they are concerned about, but their congregation image.

You are too sensitive and have a good heart, pistoff. The WTS has been beating the sheep with "obedience" for some time now even saying they must obey when the WTS is wrong.

R&R, good points. I heard about 2 more contemporaries that are getting divorces; racing to marriage thinking that there would be no marriage in the new system after 1975. About 50 marriages among my age group between 1973 and 1975. About 10 are still hanging in there.

Yes, DaCheech, jws survive by ignoring reality. 2 people died this year so far that could not have jw funerals because they had separated from their spouses and were living in "questionable" but not "provable situations. Everyone had put it out of their mind...not at the KH, makes you invisible or nonexistent.

Hey, HB, the WTS tries to have it both ways, telling jws to model their live after jews but then pulling in the Pauline counsel. Another way to speak out of both sides of your mouth.

Wow, bronzefist. Good for you sticking up for your son. So many elders think they have the right to live people's lives for them. I guess they missed the prodigal son part of the Bible.

Welcome, jehovahsheep, no one has to come to this board. It is their choice. Some do get what they need, heal, and move on to other things. Others stay to help the new people that are always coming here. The WTS is a dangerous organization and has hurt and is hurting people. It is not wrong to warn people and provide support.

Billy, marriage can be good under the right circumstances, for the right reasons. But it takes knowledge of ourself first before we can know another well enough to know whether marriage to them will be a good idea.

Thanks Bluesbrother for the insight into complement.

fokyc, thanks for answer the question about "bachelor" in Hebrew. I'm sure that was "wisdom" from Fred Franz, a self-taught Hebrew "scholar." I wonder what he would have said to your source?

FFM, yes, it is wrong for a jw woman to be happy with a non-jw man. It will make the other jw women regret their situation. I married a non-jw man and the women in the congregation were just waiting for bad things to happen to me; never did. It was as if God was rewarding me for being "bad."

Good comments, everyone; definitely more than what will be heard today at the 100,000 plus KHs.

Love, Blondie

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

blondie

thank you for clarifying this for me-it is ausefull tool.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

AND, Boys and girls -

Are we all obediently remembering the delightful words of truth uttered at the A$$emblies?

"A wife is just a bag of bones and a hank of hair". My how everbody laughed at that witty counsel.

HB

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Thanks Blondie!

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Hi Blondie: Thank you for doing all that work. I've always enjoyed your posts. You show a very analytical understanding of all the issues.

To anyone: Does anyone know the divorce rate among JW's? Any links or info would be appreciated. In my book, I want to include the issue of divorce along with the child abuse stats.

Once again, we see "Jehovah's happy people" in action. Higher rate of suicide, divorce, child abuse, mental illnesses, etc. Jesus said to judge religions by their fruits. If we did that, the JW's would come in last place. The irony is that the WT arrogantly states that it is the best. That's like Hitler screaming during a speech that he never lost his temper, was a kind and gentle man, and was meeker than any man who ever lived, including Moses. Oh, Hitler would have LOVED Moses, right??

Maybe the JW's are happy because of the higher rates of alcoholism, drug abuse, child abuse, mental illnesses, and the fact that so many of them get rich with the pyramid schemes that spread like wildfire throughout the congregations each time a new one is introduced. It also could be all the Prozac that they are on.

To WT lurkers: We hope you wise up and see "the light". Our light doesn't change, it doesn't flicker, the color doesn't fade, and it never goes out due to a lack of brain power at Bethel to keep it shining brightly.

• oompa
    oompa

w527/15p.429‘KeepingStrictWatchonHowWeWalk’***

Then there will be no Satan and his demons to tempt us; neither will there be a filthy, drunken, gluttonous, greedy and sex-mad old world to tempt God’s servants.

I can not BELIEVE nobody jumped all over this phrase in paragraph 13! Soooo much fun can be had with it. They say in 13 "todays sex-mad world" and so I wonder how different it is from yesterdays sex-mad world.....whether 1952 or 102 CE. For grins I checked the WTCD and found over a dozen WT quotes with this MAD phrase including one in the insight book.....................GB imagines all sex as crazed I think.....or crazy-fun..................oompa

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Hey Blondie,

So when I went to the Wacktower Study this morning all the "sisters" were in "giggle mode" during the discussion. "Brothers" would make all kinds of stupid comments like, " My wife always pokes me in the ribs to remind me when to listen to her." Giggle giggle giggle. Or the ever famous, " I would never be able to pick out the right tie to wear if it wasn't for my wife." Giggle. giggle giggle. If you ever want to travel back in time to the 1950's please come to this Kingdom Hall.

brzfst

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

I listened carefully in the 80s to the counsel to remain single and pursue spiritual goals because the end was so close. In fact, the generation of 1914 was in their last years, so the preaching and separating of the sheep and goats was much more urgent than education, career, marriage, family, financial planning, etc.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. So now, here I am at JWD. From what I've seen in the congregation, I'm better off single... than unhappily married to a JW.

I "got cheated on", although that's a pretty strong word what a naive innocent christian girl does with boys, leading me to lose a girl I was totally in love with. I didn't believe a god-damned word of "the truth" but I was basically planning on "faking" whatever was necessary to stay with her. Today, I am sooo glad that my first love was a Christo-skank. It left me free and clear to get the hell out of dodge. Looking at the current state of affairs with friends who failed to make their dash for the wall, I am truly blessed by Jehovah to have been fucked by the Witless that I loved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit