As A Former JW, Do You Feel You Should "Apologize" For Past Actions?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I'd definitely apologize to the few folks I was involved in disfellowshipping.

S4

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I see a bunch of youtubers doing exactly that. It aint for me tho since if my wife's rabid jw family were to see it they would shun her.

But I agree with the idea.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I have apologized to my children for dragging them into cult.

Q

• minimus
    minimus

When we all were part of the "Organization", we ALL accepted the rules. We went by them because it's what we were taught and what we believed in. I don't believe I treated anyone terribly, although a few thought I was harsh, being a very young punk elder. I agree that we all grow and I think that no matter who we are, we learn from our youth and mature because we start getting life's experience. That applies to JWs and those that never were.

If someone believes they must apologize for their actions while in the cult, then I recommend that they go back from house to house and let each person that was contacted know that they screwed up.

• brinjen
    brinjen

There's a few videos going around on YouTube from former JW's making their public apology... interesting.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=kFaBvII4kPg&NR=1

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

for the people I have disfellowshipped i really want to appologize - yes

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hmmm. Now that I think about it, maybe I should go back and apologize to all the ones who were only "reproved" and not DFed. What a disservice to them!

Teezin. Sort of.

Seriously though, I'll apologize to the ones I helped DF if/when I'm ever clear of this religion.

The whole kangaroo court process is so harsh, stressful and unloving. You can always tell which elders are frequent flyers on JCs by whether or not they pack Kleenex in their brief case. Tearful breakdowns on the part of the victim are the norm.

OM

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It depends on how much I have been drinking.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I wasn't involved in shunning anyone or ever was an elder so I don't really have anything to apologise for. Fortunately I also never brought anyone in the cult.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I feel that it isn't enough to be sorry. Everyone I preached to could have been activated into becoming a witless because of that, helping the Washtowel Slaveholdery get their critical mass so they can seize control of the whole world.

Instead, now I try to post on these apostate boards to make up some of the damage I did. Hopefully, some of those who I had a share in bringing into the cancer will read this and become apostates too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit