are men better listeners, or women?

by wings 61 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings
    When a woman asks you to listen, she generally means to remember
    it for the rest of your evening (or life for husbands) and be sympathetic or
    enthusiastic at the proper times. Men assume they need to jump in and
    solve the problem. If they offer a solution, they were listening. All we
    really have to do is know when to say, "Oh, too bad. I am so sorry for you.
    Here's a hug."

OTWO, just a guess, sounds like you might be married? It's a rough life eh? Well as long as you know the basics, being of course the woman is always right, you'll do just fine. Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on it.

If you ever need any help with that, just PM me and I'll remind you. No charge.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

If you think women listen better just watch The View. Talk about a chicken coop. Bok bok bakock! They are always talking over one another. And when they realize they are talking over someone else, they just keep talking anyway, so that there are two conversations going on at the same time, each moment the volume goes up and up. It's maddening to watch.

• jwblog
    jwblog

Never judge by the outward appearance holds true in this case. It all depends on the person. Written word can cause confusion so if you derive the wrong meaning from what you read perhaps you are not a good listener. Or were the words written unclear? A good listener will ask the true meaning until the true meaning is agreed upon by the one putting forth the words and the one reading them. Now body language can also cause confusion. If you say something hurtful it might cause a disgruntled expression upon the person the words were intended for. If the person listening misunderstood the words they could have become disgruntled for no reason.

A good listener will seek out the true meaning of the words written or spoken until they make sense and is understood to both parties.

Put me to the test, I am a good listener, better than average.......

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If you have to take it case by case.

• jwblog
    jwblog

I believe that only God can answer this question. I have one solid form of evidence to prove that at one point man was a better listener. Jesus Christ is the only logical answer when he was raised to maturity.

Other than that a case by case comparison has to provide an answer to this question. I am waiting for the answer from the poster. Or did I overlook it? :)

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

The Penis is the most useful tool in the world. Women keep thinking they can do man-things, chyah! sometimes I just think to myself "How're going going to to THAT without a PENIS!?!". Women can get by, but without the right tools for the job, its a struggle I'm sure.

Do I look like I'm struggling to do anything penis-related?

P.S. the most useful tool is a monkey wrench and some duct tape.

The batteries are in the nightstand.

Indeed, and this power-tool is carefully designed for the form and function of what piece of anatomy recently of topic? I rest my case.

That isn't the end of it girls, there is no end to the plethora of problems that can be solved and tasks that can be accomplished with the ever-useful Penis. We don't brag about our anatomical superiority in front of you, because we've found some of the best uses can be hampered by pissing off women. Women don't want the Penis thrust in their face everyday (and not nearly enough in my opinion). Just be assured that life is much easier with the equipment, but don't feel bad, the noble Vagina is also held in very high esteem, if for a much more limited set of capabilities.

• wings
    wings
    If you think women listen better just watch The View. Talk about a chicken coop. Bok bok bakock! They are always talking over one another. And when they realize they are talking over someone else, they just keep talking anyway, so that there are two conversations going on at the same time, each moment the volume goes up and up. It's maddening to watch

I don't have the stomach for that sort of thing. I go crazy in any situation where there are too many females talking. For instance, bridal showers, or baby showers, I always got sick so I wouldn't have to go. I wondered if there was some kind of phobia I had. Truth is, I find women extremely interesting, and damn good company, just not more than a few at a time. How are you at listening? Being trapped in a room full of men sharing their bathroom humor might not be so appealing either. Just don't get invited to those parties so I don't have to get sick to get out of it.

• jwblog
    jwblog

Wings, I am not sure whether you are male or female. Wings can go both ways :)

I am male if you have not gathered that thus far. I prefer listening to females because for the most part I already know what males are like. I truly love spiritual men and not so much those called "worldy" men. Worldly men are simple minded and generally all have the same thought, women :)

I met a female this past year that follows the "pagan" belief system, She calls herself eclectic (sp) pagan as she learns from all religions. Her way of thinking is immense and her faith is strong. I have always thought I could be happy with any female that I would end up with in the "new world" until I met her. She provokes my thoughts, she is strong in her person not so easily swayable. Her and I grew to liking each other, and it is because we are evenly yoked. We love Gods creation, love law and order, and want to fix all the bad in the world.

I look forward to learning more about her and see her grow in spiritual maturity. I guess this is what love is all about. But even more it takes two good listeners to come to a form of understanding that brings Love, Peace, and Happiness.......the life that God promises to all that seek it.....have a good night.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I'm not sure who the better listener is... I spend a lot of time listening to my wife. Every morning, I listen to her ask me about what the weather is like outside, then she asks me if her clothes look ok, then she asks me for money. Then, at work, she'll call me 10 times a day and I listen to her tell me about crap that going on at her job. Then, she'll call me on the way home so I can listen to her tell me about the guy who just cut her off. When I get home, I get to listen again to all the stuff I already listened to since 6:00 AM that morning. I usually fall asleep at night to the sound of me listening to the sound of my wife telling me more stuff.

My wife, on the other hand? I'm not even sure she knows what I do for a living. She never listens to what I have to say, and if I dare try to interrupt one of her monologues or soliloquys with my 2 cents, she looks at me with this look on her face that says "Why the hell are YOU talking now? I do the talking!!!". So, I usually don't talk, because she doesn't want to listen. Then, I get accused of the terrible crime of never opening up to her. I tell her that I don't talk that much because for one, she's usually doing all the talking and for two, when I do talk she isn't interested. Usually right about that time, she stops listening.....

So, yeah.... women are the better listeners.

• wha happened?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit