Public Talk & Bookstudy Changes - the real reason

by bud2114 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I was an elder until the early 1990s, and left the Witnesses all together when I couldn't stomach the 1914 Generation change.

How True this is Seeker4.

I Remember how my mom who is now 82 yrs old used to hope and pray that she would never have to die before the "New System". Its so sad to see so many loose their dreams of never dying. So many years of field service waiting on a dream. So sad. So sad.

The Claw

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Right on, Bud !

Burnout runs high among the unpaid clergy. From the time that they made the change from 'conductor' to "Congregation Book Study Overseer", I thought the whole idea was some fantasy to fix every problem in the organization. It was designed as if guys had unlimited time and energy to push the bOrgs agenda on each and every publisher. Many avoided that assignment. Any publisher not doing well... beat up their CBSO.

Several years ago while I was still in Bethhell, it was noted that in the US there was a serious shortage of ministerial servants. Very few were 'reaching out' for privileges. In many cases, it appeared to be almost deliberate that they would try to keep short on time or miss meetings.

Some here have noted an increase of elders locally, others have noted a loss of elders. Overall, I see a drop in quantity and quality. In my experience though, it seems that some areas have more elders/servants for two reasons: Brothers purposely move to where the need isn't so great. Brothers are more willing to 'reach out' in congregations where the demands are less.

B the X

• winnower
    winnower

meeting Junkie No More said: Here's my take: It makes no sense this change being announced now, but taking effect January 2009 . My reply: I so agree with this. I would just have to ask....well gas is high now. Since this doesn't take effect for 8 months...just how high do you think gas is going to go? Does the GB have some insider trading info on it? Meeting Junkie No more said: This is very likely similar to the conditional donation arrangement, announced in plenty of time BEFORE the actual government implementation of new laws took effect, so that the 'publishers' would not put 2 and 2 together and realize the change was not actually motivated by the scripture "You received free, give free". My reply: There is a high echelon of freemasonry power behind the Towers. And those in the top KNOW something is about to happen. Just like you said...what happened with the donation arrangement being PRE-arranged before the new laws were announced. It tends to make the GB look like they have perfect timing because of this "Divine Communication." It's divine all right! The Tower is part of the conspiracy and those who make the decisions (GB) are given instructions from behind the curtain. Meeting junkie no more: There's something more to this, and I'm just not sure what it is, but it will become clear sometime in the next 8 months. We just have to keep our eyes and ears alert, so that we put 2 and 2 together at the right time! The GB and their lawyers want this to be totally off the radar when the real reason becomes clear... You can bet your bippy. Your intuiation is right on. Keep listening to it. You are truly one of the aware.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Save My soul and Claw,

At one time a few years ago we had a thread where different folks talked about what made them leave. I was astounded at how many left due to the generation change. I've long felt and written on this board and H2O that the mid-1990s was a big turning point for the JWs.

That 1914 Generation changed confirmed to me and a lot of others what we'd been thinking for some time - the WTS is NOT what we'd been old and led to believe. They were guessing, and not very well.

S4

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

I live in Sunrise, Florida and there is a huge KH about 5 minutes away from me. Supposedly 2 Circuit Overlords live their with their wives. About 3-4 congregations meet there and I guess attendance is so-so because the parking lot appears to be full on weekends. But ask me how many times I've seen ANY JWs out in field service in this part of the world???? NOT A SINGLE ONE. There's people out here who haven't even heard of JWs - hard to believe right? The author of this thread is 100% right, the rank and file JWs are losing faith (and interest) in all of this because hardly any are willing to sacrifice their families anymore for failed prophecies. Some JWs are afraid of leaving because they can't imagine making friends outside of the borg. This was a very good thread. I haven't posted in a looooooong time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit