What are your fears?

by Bumble Bee 35 Replies latest jw friends

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Losing the house (not in current jeopardy, just a constant fear I've had for 20 years).

Being a vegetable on life support with no way to remind people to turn the machine off.

Nightmares of childhood abuse.

The North American Grizzly Bear (oh, wait, that's Maria Bamford coming through...).

Of course, those aren't the scary ones...

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I am scared of snakes, but the mama bear comes out when the kids even come close to danger. I didn't know if it was poisonous or not. And my son always goes outside without me. So.. no more snake. My protection instinct overrides my fears every time.

I am also scared of drowning, and being awake during surgery. And getting a disease that will kill me slowly knowing that I will have to say goodbye to the kids.

momz

• dinah
    dinah

The #1 threat are BEARS!!!!!!!

Listen to Stephen Colbert!

• dinah
    dinah

The #1 threat are BEARS!!!!!!!

Listen to Stephen Colbert!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    *volunteers to watch a scary movie with a Canadian Bumble Bee.*

Any time hon, any time! lol The best part about watching a scary movie, is watching it BEFORE the person you are watching it with has seen it, so you know when all the scary parts are coming up and you can scare them even more! lol

There is a bear that lives at the end of the road where the cabin is. I've only seen him once, went for a walk with the dogs after supper one evening, rounded the corner and there he was just sitting in the middle of the road. I just stopped right there and he evenutally just got up and walked off into the woods. Then I turned tail and ran back to the cabin lol.

BB

• JK666
    JK666

Let's see,

I have a fear of failure, and am afraid of being successful.

I have fear of abandonment, but am afraid to get into a serious relationship.

Not too screwed up, am I?

JK

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light
    I remember growing up we were told not to voice our fears outloud, lest Satan hear them and use it against us during the GT.

WTF? NEVER heard of that. It sounds like some crazy Catholic bedtime story! Was there perchance a Bible verse citation behind this? Official teaching of the Filthful and Disgraced Slavekeeper? I really never heard of it. I seem to remember a de-emphasis of either God or Satan "doing anything" in this world, the world is Satan's world, but in a sorta non-hands-on kinda way, God is responsible for good things, but in a "not actually doing anything" kinda way.

I'm afraid of non-lucid people of all kinds, especially religious ones. I feel like most people are half-crazy to start with, I fear waking up one day, and having the people around me completely losing touch and losing all hope of lucid human shared experience, like everyone becoming JW's for instance.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I can't speak for anyone else, but I too also heard the reasoning to not voice your fears and/or wants out loud, due to Satan being able to hear those prayers. In fact, when I was going through JC meetings 3 years ago, my brother, an elder at Brooklyn Bethel, said those very words to me.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I can't think of any major fears. If I had to choose the biggest fear I have though, it would probably be a fear of failure.

• parakeet
    parakeet

In descending order -- flying, drowning, stinging insects, boredom, and chirpy McDonald's employees at 6 a.m.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit