An ancient poster stopping by to say HI!

by ShaunaC 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Nobody ever remembers me. But that's okay, I usually forget about myself too :)

Glad things are going well!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Thanks for stopping by to say hello!

What a wonderful post. I hope many hear will see it, and draw strength and encouragement from your wise words.

Thanks.

The Oracle

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi Shauna! Thanks for coming by and saying hi. I am glad life is treating you quite well, and enjoyed it when you posted here before. Best wishes to you and your husband!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Shauna - I read your first post on this thread and wanted to give you a big hug, now that I read your second post I really want to give you a squeeze. How eloquent and encouraging. Thank you for taking the time to pop in and congrats on your new life. ~Robin ~

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

what a beautiful post ShaunaC. tho i wuz too skittish to really talk to anyone back then, i remember you. so very nice to hear such a positive upbeat update from your world. glad you stopped by!!! the best to you and yours, S.

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

Wow, how fun this is to "see" some of you again. Of course I remember you Mouthy and Seeker. Gopher, good to see you too! I got a pm from Harmony (peaceloveharmony) yesterday too. What a blast from the past!

Last night I was telling my husband about reconnecting on here and it brought back a flood of emotions and memories I hadn't thought about in a quite some time. During those early years this site (and others before it) were so important to my healing. I found people who knew exactly what I was going through. I read your stories and your experiences with family and friends and many times felt it could have been my own story. Having that support and knowing that someone KNEW your pain and struggle, made it so much easier.

But I realized last night that more importantly you all provided a sense of family I had lost when I left the Borg. In that time when I no longer belonged to my family or that organization, and I still didn't know myself well enough to truly belong to myself....it was to all of you that I felt I belong. Having that security, even though I never met most of you in person, gave me the strength to move on. It was if I had this Board to fall back on if I needed advice, encouragement, a slap across the face, a shoulder to cry on.

This oddly enough feels like a family reunion. But a good one!

• minimus
    minimus

SHAUNA, CONGRATS!!!!

Great to see you here again!!!!

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Thanks for sharing - you look very happy!

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

By the way, Gopher, how is your daughter? She was so little all those years ago.

Robin, thank you so much for your kind words. <<<<<HUGS>>>>> back at ya!

Minimus, wow you are still here too! Hope you are doing well are happy.

Anyone know what happened to Englishman or some of the other old posters I mentioned?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Englishman has his own sight. I miss him & his ladyship so much. But at my age I am too stupid to do two,,,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit