An ancient poster stopping by to say HI!

by ShaunaC 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

Hello al! I am an old poster from this websites early days. I was here a lot during 2001-2003. During the days of posters like:

Englishman, Welshman, LDH, Simon, Prisca, Joelbear, logical, SixofNine, somebody, Ozziepost, unanswered, Gopher, Norm, JanH, Kent, somebody, AlanF, Amazing, Silentlambs, Hillary-step, minimus, ISP, bigboi and many others.

If any of you are still around, thank you all for your part in helping me deprogram myself all those years ago. I've been free for almost 10 years and am truly happy. I recently married a wonderful man and we're hoping to get pregnant with our first baby very soon. I was just 26 when I first posted on H2O, Freeminds and here. Now I'm turning 34 next month! How time flies by!!!

[IMG]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg88/sb2nsf/DSC_00791crop.jpg[/IMG]

I still have no relationship with my parents but have fully come to terms with that. I re-read posts from those early years and see that I had so much hope that the rift would be repaired at least a little bit. But that never did happen and now we go years in between any communication. The pain over that has now subsided to disappointment. I focus now on creating my own family and vow to show my kids the unconditional love the JW org prevented my parents from showing me.

To any of you who are newly out, it does get better if you look at life as a set of experiences to teach you something about yourself, the world and those around you. Don't be bitter, don't carry the anger. It will only hold you back from becoming the truly remarkable person you already showed you are when you decided to leave the JW's. It takes a lot of strength to do that and you'll continue to use that strength (even though at times you'll doubt you have any) to learn who you really are apart from that organization, your family, and those brainwashed ideas. You can do it and you will be happier for it.

I hope you are all doing well and are happy in your freedom. Freedom of thought really is worth any cost we have all had to pay.

Much Love,

Shauna

fomerly ShaunaC (Shauna Titterington-Collins from Fresno, CA)

• willyloman
    willyloman

Shauna: Thanks for pointing out to all the newbies and lurkers that there is life after the WT! Congratulations on your marriage and best wishes on starting a family. Families are something you don't get to pick, but you can always start your own and find happiness there.

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

Thanks Willy.

And sorry for accidentally posting this twice.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for stopping by - I have been hanging around here since 2004 I guess.

Congrats on the baby. So sorry about the failed reconciliation. Not uncommon, unfortunately.

Jeff

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I remember you.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I wasn't around then, but, thanks for stopping by.

You were a beautiful bride.....BTW. Your parents are really missing out!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Shauna,

Those were the days, eh? I think for many, like yourself, we've been able to get on with life and make a very happy new one. Yes, there is life after the borg! And it's great.

All the best for your future travelling along the road to freedom.

Cheers, Ozzie

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

Ozzie!!!! So good to see you. Hope you and the wife are doing well.

Yep, those really were the days. Like when silentlambs (Bill Bowen) broke onto the scene. I still remember getting a very loving email from Bill, like one from a loving father, that meant so much to me. Through this site I created friendships with ex-JW's all over the world. All of you guys meant so much to me as I learned to truly break away from the borg. It's great to see you are still helping the newbies.

I've been away long enough that I finally don't feel like the borg was the majority of my life and it feels wonderful to have my own identity away from that life. But it still is a very big part of me, not only molding who I was being raised in it, but the act of breaking free from it also plays a huge role in the strong, opinionated, passionate in my beliefs person I am today.

I'm also able to think about the fun times I had growing up with my family. Although my kids may never meet my parents, they will grow up with pictures and stories. It wasn't all bad. In fact, my childhood was pretty great. Even my husband comments that he wishes things could be different because my parents sound like wonderful people. And they are, I know that and can see that even through the JW bs.

Anyways, nice to see an old "face". And thanks for the welcome from rest of you too. Funny how we are strangely still a family.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I remember you. So glad to hear how well life is treating you

Keep it up (((HUGS))))

Mouthy Grace Gough

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

You may not remember me, Shauna, but I remember you. Glad to know you are doing well. Too bad about your parents. Maybe that will grow better with time and the new baby.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit