Real Good News

by superman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Here is where their 2faced nature comes in. When there is growth Jehovah is speeding up the work. when people leave or no new ones coming in 'the love of the greater number is cooling off.' Must be nice to be able to play for both sides.

• loosie
    loosie

they should have cancelled the talk and let everyone out early for the afternoon.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

LOL so hard I think I peed a little. That's the most awesomest, funniest, thing I have EVER heard. There's no way they would have let that happen if there was ANY way to get some bodies in the damn water. Think of the fortitude if all those 12-14 year olds that resistted the pep talks that must have occurred. I admire the Organizations integrity in not hiring some scabs to make a show of it!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HAW!!

• superman
    superman

You guys bet it was hilarious, the funny thing was that all of the hardcores J-dubs at lunch didn't really want to talk too much about it. I've been doing some undercover 'apostatizing' to a buddy of mine and I've told him about how the witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any religion, and now it looks like nobody from the outside wants in either. I was thinking about how great that must have been for any one who brought their study to the special day and what kind of impression that made on them. I'll bet they're thinking "F*ck this","If I do get baptized I'm going to be the only one in front of all of these people".

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

How many were in attendance at that assembly? How utterly ridiculous that the talk wasn't cancelled. That would have made me think "this religion is drying up...this is embarrassing"

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I've experienced this before. It was at a circuit assembly about five years ago with about 1,200 in attendance.

It was extremely odd during my decades of being a JW. The speaker actually said at the end of his talk, "We don't have any baptismal candidates", and he walked off stage concluding his part since there wasn't any need to ask the two questions. Then came the the strange part. Everyone clapped.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exertng Vigorously)

• sacolton
    sacolton

Just like a robot ... once programmed - always programmed.

PROMPT C: Run WT_ROBOT.EXE

10 REM *** BAPTISM TALK ***

20 If BAPTISM PERSONS < 2 GOTO 40

30 If BAPTISM PERSONS > 2 GOTO 40

40 Give BAPTISM TALK

50 End

It was extremely odd during my decades of being a JW. The speaker actually said at the end of his talk, "We don't have any baptismal candidates", and he walked off stage concluding his part since there wasn't any need to ask the two questions. Then came the the strange part. Everyone clapped.

You know what I would have done? If noone clapped I would have started the "slow clap" ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhTiJEYqqY8

• dozy
    dozy

I've seen this at an assembly as well.

It would make sense for the WTS to scrap baptism talks at Special Days & consolidate (the buzz word at the moment) somewhat.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is real good news. Not even one lousy baptismal candidate. And I bet they still wasted the water to fill the pool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit