Real Good News

by superman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• superman
    superman

This must be a sign of what will lie ahead for the J-Dubs (at least in the United States). This last weekend at the special day circuit assembly I went to, not a single person got baptized (Zero, zip, nada) And the funny part was that they still had to give the baptism talk because it was already in the program schedule. Hopefully people are starting to catch on and we'll have a few more "Zero Baptism" ASSemblies.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

How weird was that to see? That would have been a first for me. Was the speaker uncomfortable?

momz

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I've been to assemblies where there were just 2 children.

Zip Zero Zilch would be very weird.

-Aude.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

They should have cancelled the baptism talk.

lol

hope4others

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

heh heh ... how funny!

Did he still have to ask the baptism questions? LOL!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

They should have cancelled the baptism talk.

...and let folks get home early, avoiding traffic and saving gas, so they can have more home Bible study time!

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I'm surprized that they didn't call in a few people from distant congregations to be "baptized" just to save face.

• Casper
    Casper

Amazing, I have never heard of such a thing happening.

That must have been embarrassing on some level...

Cas

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Must be an evidence of Jehovah's blessing... hehehe

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

So much for them streaming in during the last days. Apathy is finally taking it's toll. I remember one particular CO some years back that would get upset when nobody went out on Sundays in service. His complaint is that he went to Jail back in the old days when he went out in service on Sundays. That may have been the case but nobody cares anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit