Expect big things to happen tomorrow

by startingover 40 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Expect the answer in full sometime in August 2010--that is, if the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger have it their way. No, not the end of this system of things--that's the earliest they can run me through the Value Destroyer Training School and have me "complete" all my assignments.

Hopefully, they run into so many snafus that they fail to fulfill this commission.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

So, two fighters are in the ring, one is a christian, the other a muslim. They both pray to win. To do so, one has to hurt the other more. Jesus and Allah are in the ring. The referee is the devil. Really, you can understand how foolish this is.

Again, the batter wants to get a hit off the pitcher, the pitcher wants the batter to get an out. They both pray to the same god. who wins and why? Really how foolish is this.

The fans are divided and pray to their god, who gets an answer.

Foolish indeed. It is the skill of each one that will make the other the victor, make sense?

Prayer has nothing to do with it.

Blueblades

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

BurntheShips, that's some flowery prose of a quote but it's still dumb as shit.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I've already been celebrating....here's a video of the guy I was with who was driving...He was celebrating too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1VmGjJJFrc

Q

• willyloman
    willyloman

A dub would say that Christendom took a holiday (May 1) with both pagan and political origins and co-opted it (National Prayer Day), following the historical trend of the churches. And they'd probably be right. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

• blondie
    blondie
    Of course this claim totally contradicts their stand during the summer of 1918, when the Watchtower urged faithful Bible Students to purchase War Bonds. 19 In fact, they even went so far as to support a National Day Of Prayer for Germany's swift defeat. 20

20 Watchtower Reprints, 1918, p. 6271

http://www.freeminds.org/history/sleeping.htm

(May 30, 1918)

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

5/1/2008 is almost history.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Oh my God! I received my paycheck today. It worked! Prayer really worked this time! Of course, I always get my check on the first. Nevermind, other months I got my check on the first because that is the day I always get my check. But this time, May 1, I got my check because I prayed for God's will to be done, and presto! I got my check! I got my check! I got my check! Praise to my God, Apkakboon shallah, the one and true God who obviously answers prayers! All your gods are false gods. I have proof that my god is the living god!

• loosie
    loosie

It's may 3rd and nothing has changed.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

May 5th. Do we have any spectacular news? Oh wait, here's something: Myanmar death toll 'more than 10,000' http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/05/05/myanmar.cyclone/index.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit