Expect big things to happen tomorrow

by startingover 40 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover
    startingover

That's right, May 1 and after should see momentous changes!

That because it's

NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Whoa! Yeah, that's going to make a BIG difference.

"Nothing fails like prayer."

• Gopher
    Gopher

And this is in America, the land of the "free" (if you have the right religion).

This day of prayer is an annual abuse of our country's Constitution. The government was established as religion-neutral, and should remain that way. Otherwise you have government favoring one brand of belief (or non-belief) over another.

I will celebrate the NATIONAL DAY OF REASON, which is an appropriate response to this Prayer Day.

http://www.nationaldayofreason.org/

Here in Minnesota, the legislators -- on their way out to the Capitol steps to meet with the Christians holding their prayer day -- will have to walk past the rotunda where a large group of folks will be visibly celebrating the Day of Reason.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Where can I get the cute little moving faces everbody else seems to use?

HB

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Do people over there take this seriously !?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I'm looking forward to may 2nd.

• avishai
  • Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

If the entire world got up tommorow in unison, on bent knees, looking heavenward, wearing sackcloth and rolling in ashes, the world would not change one iota, just as it hasn't, throughout all of known time.

The oceans will still be polluted. Manna will not drop from heaven, to feed those in Darfur, Zimbabwe, Calcutta or anywhere else. Human rights abuses in China, South Korea, or timbuctoo for that matter will remain the same.

Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, Hamas, or any number of terrorsits organizations and criminal gangs,will not disband and start singing," We all live in a yellow submarine."

The uneducated and poverty stricken, will not become enlighted and live in 5 star luxury.

The power hungry, the selfish, and the greedy, will not have a change of heart.

The sick and dieing will not be cured, and the dead will not rise.

Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, Tsunami's and a host of other natural disaters will not cease either.

Prayer= wishful thinking. Wishful thinking= fantasy. Positive action, yeilds positive results. It is in our hands and always has been. Once we stop beleiving in fairytales, maybe we can make some progress, but something tells me,all of humanity,has a built in self desruct button.

Most religions want the end to come. Thats a self destruct philosophy, that will become a self fullfilling prophecy.

• nvrgnbk
  • Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

What are saying NVR? We've been worshipping a fat red hand all these years, and can expect to receive pocupine hats for our efforts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit