Expect big things to happen tomorrow

by startingover 40 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

SacrificialLoon wrote: "May day? Friggen commies! I'll pray for God to kill all the commies. That'll teach those commies all a lesson."

I'm sure our invisible, nonexistent dad in the sky will hear your loving prayer and kill the commies. But note -- I said "maypoles," not "tanks and artillery." Although, if you think about it, a maypole could be used as a weapon. BTW, love your pentagram.

• OBVES
    OBVES

There is no specific day for this type of prayer : it is spiritual one and goes on everyday in a life of any true christian . When we live according to the Bible we live according to the words of Matthew 6.9-18. We fulfill these words everyday and this way we come under the words of this passage. The words are ascribed to our lives and this kind of prayer God Yahweh accepts and such prayer birings salvation !

Saying that May 1st is a national day of prayer is contrary to the spirit of the Bible and false religions practice such day of prayer.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

ooo ban kulltar min der flick spitz

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Heh, it's from a Rush album, 2112.

Mayday is also International Workers Day, celebrated by Commies everywhere! 8 hour work day? Hah! If God wanted us to work only 8 hours a day he'd have made the day only 8 hours long! Silly commies.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Amen, Tyrone!

And a Happy Lá Bealtaine to all (even the friggen silly commies). ;–)

~Sue

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Who wants to start a list of things that people of faith are going to point to as support of the idea that the day of prayer has had any kind of effect whatsoever in the entire universe?
    Here goes.

"Prayer Day worked, I have proof! The day after prayer day:

I got a letter from an old friend (must've been God's doing, right?)
    The light on Alamitos Av. was green today when I passed through
    The anti-biotics the doctor gave me kicked in and I got over the sniffles
    My baby lost a tooth
    I feel love in my heart
    I feel hate for evildoers
    The sun came up this morning
    The sun set
    I saw a pretty flower
    I'm one day sober
    I met a fellow Christian in the elevator
    My son's basketball team won..."

• avengers
    avengers
    Mayday is also International Workers Day

That's what I thought!

Is it now Prayday or International Workers Day?

Aren't these two opposites?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

You make a very good point Shawn. It's actually quite funny. I definately see the significance of someones sons basketball team winning a game to something worthy of the annals of history. It certainly trumps anything happening in Iraq or Darfur.

I think someone needs to tell God, his micro management of traffic lights and baby teeth is superb, but the grand suffering of the entire universe needs a little work.

• joe_black
    joe_black

How about we all pray for $1 per gallon gasoline, lets see if the prayer granter lowers the price for us. What do you think?

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Prayer is like meditation...it serves the purpose of making the one doing it feel better but does absolutely nothing for anybody else. Prayers that are "answered" are things that would have happened anyway. Prayers that are not answered are "Gods will" too so that pretty much covers it. I hate to be jaded about such things but Ive seen way too much suffering and way too much destruction and death to believe there is a God who answers prayers or babies wouldnt be dying of brain cancer, we wouldnt be in Iraq killing and being killed, we wouldnt have millions of people starving and dying and with AIDS....what did those people do to deserve that? Nothing but being born in the wrong place. And what about New Orleans? What about Haiti? nope...no God answering THEIR prayers.

Have a nice day of prayer...Im sure you will feel better at the end of the day and nothing on the planet will be any different on Friday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit