I posted a question on yahoo answers, in regards to the book study arrangem

by PaNiCAtTaCk 17 Replies latest jw friends

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

I posted the question last night, to try to get some JW's take on the matter. Of course most of them are really showing how brainwashed they are, by quoting the letter almost word for word, gas prices rising etc.. I personally feel that its wonderful, as my parents are getting older and they've been doing 3 meetings a week since the early 1960's. The way i posted the question, I kind of insinuated that I was a JW struggling with the loss of the meeting. check it out and feel free to post your answer. I will select an apostate answer as the best:) Just try to keep it in good taste, as alot of witnesses are now following this question. Here is the link http://answers.yahoo.com/question/;_ylc=X3oDMTE1aThkdWZ2BF9TAzIxMTU1MDAxMTgEc2VjA2Fuc19ub3QEc2xrA2Fuc21vcmU-;_ylv=3?qid=20080429175939AAq5jI7

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/;_ylc=X3oDMTE1aThkdWZ2BF9TAzIxMTU1MDAxMTgEc2VjA2Fuc19ub3QEc2xrA2Fuc21vcmU-;_ylv=3?qid=20080429175939AAq5jI7

Reading some of the responses remind me of how so many of them just blindly follow what they are told. They say the change has Jehovah's approval, but how do they know that? Maybe he still wants the BS on a different night?

• undercover
    undercover
    Reading some of the responses remind me of how so many of them just blindly follow what they are told.

It's sad, isn't it?

The only dissenting viewpoints were made by ex/anti-JWs. There wasn't a single JW who questioned it. Even those who said they liked the Book Study turned right around and praised the Governing Body for making such a wise decision.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Nice idea.

Jeff

• Namaste
    Namaste

Because I was feeling in a completely bratty mood today...I posted on your thread. Bear in mind, I'm not really a bitter 41 year old single pioneer, I just play one on the internet.

I hope I found the right balance between being lost but still faithful and used the right terminology. I just wanted to see if it might prompt a response from one or two of the "oh this is a blessing from Jah JW's".

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Why are you questioning the faithful slave?

BAM! Good little dub-robot!

• undercover
    undercover

Not to hi-jack the thread, but JWs aren't the only wacky ones out there...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvwGVO6n30EBJ4VM8XGU0hDd7BR.;_ylv=3?qid=20080430114339AAKUnqk

I'd like to see a JW ask a similar question, but in context within the teachings of the Society and watch how all the mindless drones would spew the party line. Compare that to the above thread where most people ridiculed this poor, deluded soul.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I don't understand why they kept repeating that there are still five meetings a week? Who cares and what is the point of that little technicality?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Why are you questioning the faithful slave?

Why isn't he questioning them?

Whatta Dumba$$

• Gopher
    Gopher

I suppose I might have answered the same way some of these dubs did (if I were still a dub).

It's been a while since I felt how they did -- that sky-daddy Jehovah is directing everything, and every change from the organization is wonderful and spiritual paradise-alicious. Now that sort of thinking is so alien to me. I must've lost Jehovah's holy spirit somewhere along the way!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit