Did/does your Kingdom Hall have a Spanking Room?

by WilliamCoburn 35 Replies latest jw friends

• WilliamCoburn
    WilliamCoburn

I was hoping to create a poll but I do not see an option for that. Thank you for taking the time to answer. This is a very important question for me because of personal reasons. Bill

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I feel so bad I used to spank my little boy at the Kingdom hall when he was noisy. Poor kid was only a toddler. My daughter was quiet and never made a sound but he was a little boy full of energy and stubborn.

NO we didn't have spanking rooms at the Kingdom hall 25 years ago or at the assembly hall either. I had to take him into the toilet stall.

I just cringe when I think about spanking his poor little bottom just because he didn't understand why he had to sit still.

I wouldn't have spanked him but the Elders gave me the evil eye and even approached me a few times saying I had to discipline him as he was disrupting the meeting.

That unkindness and problem led to me fading away and finally not attending meetings anymore. I just thought it was to unfair and cruel.

Churches have separate rooms to entertain children, but Not kingdom halls. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Here is an old discussion on this topic - there are lots of posts on this subject.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/51775/1.ashx

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Where are my manners? Welcome to JWD, Bill!

Another thread - http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/79967/1.ashx

• yknot
    yknot

Video Wink and Welcome to JWD !!!

For my generation yes.

For my children's nope.......it is all parking lot.

The majority of parents here are born/raised and we have bad vibes toward spanking. I am not saying that some kids don't benefit from a little stronger reinforcement, but that age, circumstance should be considered first, second should be the child's coping ability. Above all it is the parents job to teach mild, moderate, and respectful behavior......which is best learned by deed and not word.

My 8yr old can sit through 1 1/2 hours of meetings max.......my 3yr old can only do 20-30 minutes, which is the same to say for going to the movie theater. Sure enough once past these time limits they start to chatter, squirm and whine. I never feel bad about having to miss parts of the meetings because so much of it is based on material that we are suppose to already read. Besides chatting outside with other moms/kids is far more beneficial to both adult and child. My 8yr old knows if I am outside she may leave her seat (we usually sit in the section deemed the kiddiezone on the last 3 rows) & join us outside.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

No, The parents would either use the bathroom or walk outside on the patio. The womens bathroom had a small mothers room attached. Bad placement though, it was always right when you walk in. I never understood that! Why not put the mothers room in the back of the bathroom part!? Nothing like taking a piss while listening to screaming kids too! It was embarrasing too when someone would walk outside and traffic from the street could see the parents beating their kids. Now that's a nice witness!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

If they do - then I think it's a possible case of FLDS replay. Charge in and take all the JW kids on suspicion of child abuse..sammieswife.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Welcom William C....

Yes we had a spanking room.....The Women's bathroom for mothers with a large paddle hanging on the back of the door. (Usually for Thursday nights) and For Fathers on Sundays.....it was out the back door.

I personally got wacked plenty of times on Sunday as a little girl out the back door or at home. The women's room I witnessed plenty of kids dragged back usually by their hair to the back. Heard the wacks and screaming to boot.

Any more questions on this topic?

r.

• oompa
    oompa

Welcome William! Are you asking about one for adults or children?....................some may have video.....................oompa

• Casper
    Casper

to the board, William...

We didn't have a spanking room, just the bathrooms. Our hall was small (recently sold and large new one built) so when children were

taken in for their "Beatings" everyone could hear everything. It was heartbreaking sometimes...

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit