Did/does your Kingdom Hall have a Spanking Room?

by WilliamCoburn 35 Replies latest jw friends

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Welcome. I don't believe there was ever an official "spanking room". It was either a bathroom or library or second school room where you could go and smack you kids privately.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Yes it did, it was well used by some, and it was pretty padded for sound proofing. It was called the baby room "Of course".

I never used it on "My little Angels", of course they were full grown when this idea to make the room came into play.

hope4others

And

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We used the bathroom or mother's room for spankings. I agree, what a horrid way to raise children. My grown kids are not okay. At the Episcopal church, they have crayons and books for children during the service and no one cares if the kids talk, laugh or cry. They love children. They also have nurseries and Sunday school. It's a very healthy church for children. There is never any talk of an angry, punishing God or hell to scare adults or children.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

My Dad had a stick hidden in the rafters of our basement second school.

That being said...

I agree with spanking although I don't want to get into the inevitable argument about it.

My kids are the most well behaved kids in school, other parents compliment them for their manners and behaviour, they love us as parents and friends, and they have both thanked my wife and I for being pretty strict with them when they were younger... Spankings included.

Now... Bring it on liberal bashers, bring it on. LOL

• flipper
    flipper

My kingdom hall didn't have a spanking room - but my bedroom does at home ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Welcome!

Yes, my Kingdom hall had a "spanking room". It was called a "mothers room".

My parents rarely spanked me at the hall. They would let me know at the meeting that I was going get a spanking when I got home. No wonder I dreaded going to meetings,,..

• White Dove
    White Dove

How can parents still like to spank their kids after going through what they themselves went through as kids? Rhetorical question, really. Think about it. How can they do it?

Pass the pain, please Dad! I love going to meetings cuz I get spanked. How else would I know that you loved me? Thanks Mom! If you hadn't spanked me, I would not have known you loved me. Love hurts. What a novel idea. Love is painful. Nice! Think I'll pass that on to my kids. If I use too much of the soft stuff, they might not know that I love them.

Oh, and don't forget, they are the ones who will care for you in your old age and choose your nursing home. Keep that in mind the next time you hit a child. It becomes illegal when they get too big for it. Is that really logical?

I would never trust my parents with my kids because they will pull out the belt at the first sign of "But I don't want to..." Bullies!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question. Yes, they were called restrooms. I know of a mother who told her kids that if they got up to the bathroom during the meeting, they would get a spanking for it at home.

Can't you just see the love pouring out of the khells? A Kingdom Hall is no place for a child. They are abusive.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I always wished they had one for all the hot chicks in my hall...but I digress...back to the subject at hand. I can here it now, "Ladies, if you can't behave yourself, I'll have to give you a spanking". "I don't want to have to do that, but if it's necessary, I will."

I remember they had a "Nursing Mothers" room that faced the podium so nursing mothers could listen to, and watch the speaker (Kinda creeps me out now, I just realized as I'm writing this that there were lot's of nursing mothers doing their business at the times I gave talks in that hall from the podium watching me from that room). It was a mirrored one way glass that only the "Nursing Mothers" could see out of. No lookie loo's we able to see the nursing going on in there. As an MS, my job was to keep the kids from milling around the back of the hall and welcome late comers and help them find a seat. Well...passing by this room as frequently as I did, I'd get a real eyeful from time to time. When a nursing mom was all finished nursing her baby, she'd put all of her business back in it's place, get up, open..the...door, and...voila, there it all was, everything hanging out in plain site. I had to look away more times than I can count. I was so embarrased, because you knew you were going to have to look these ladies in the eye after meeting and pretend you didn't you didn't see anything. And they were cavalier about it. Not to make a big out of breast feeding (cuz it's totally natural and nothing to be ashamed of), but that can really throw a guy for a loop when he's not expecting it.

Ahhh, those were the days, turning fives shades of red in the course of fifteen seconds.

BP

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

I always hated how the parents used to spank the babies for playing. I once got very upset when a lady had a child with downs syndrome, she took her outside and spanked her with a ruler. The poor child was about 2 years old. She did not understand why she was getting spanked. Heck the baby couldn't even talk yet, but was spanked for babbling and making noises. I got so upset but kept my mouth shut cause I was just a teen at the time. The church I go to is so kid friendly. Nursery is 2 and under and all they do is play and get snacks. 2-4 is toddlers church and they are read a story of Gods love and do a craft and color a picture. That usually last about 15 minutes, then its snack time. After snack its outside to the playground to run and play with all sorts of toys to play with. For the kids 5-12 they have their own building where they go and play pool, foose ball, air hockey, and video games until its time to learn a lesson which lasts about 15-20 minutes, which the kids actually love cause it is taught in a fun way, then its playtime until church is over. I never understood how grown people could actually think a child could sit for so long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit